Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Summer 2017 Goals???

Chats: 204

Post Summer 2017 Goals???

Thought I would start a Summer 2017 Goals Thread.

With fall/winter 2016/2017 now fully behind me, I can evaluate my progress towards my goals, or lack thereof.

I was in ONE league as a regular bowler and bowled 63 games, finishing with an average of 185. The league swept in Vegas at Sam's Town and shot a 584 series and won $70.
    I subbed in another league in that same house, averaging 183 over 30 games. As a floating sub, I was not eligible to sweep with the league in Vegas.
    I subbed in one league at my old house and averaged 181 over 30 games. As a permanent sub for my team, I was eligible to sweep at The Orleans in Las Vegas and shot a 610 winning by largest $ total ever in any single bowling event; > $1500.

Goals (Fall/Winter 2016/2017)
    1) Bowl a 550+ series every night.
    Didn't happen. Actually, only 21 of 43 series were 550+.
    2) Increase my strike rate to > 40%.
    = 42%
    3) Restore my 76% single-pin spare shooting percentage.
    = 71%
    4) Bowl a 270 game or higher.
    High Games = 267, 266, 257, 256.
    5) Bowl a 700 series or higher.
    High Series = 674.
    6) Finish in the top 20% of the league in average.
    Tied for 11th with 2 other bowlers with a 185. Top 11% of 128 bowlers.

Obviously disappointed with the overall results. I'm going to scale some of them back a little for Summer 2017.

New Goals (Summer 2016)
    1) Bowl a 500 Series (or higher) every single night.
    2) Single-Pin Spare Shooting Percentage 75% of higher.
    3) Bowl a 270 game or higher.
    4) Bowl a 700 series or higher.
    5) Increase strike rate to 43% or higher.

So, post away!
    Remember, if you don't have any goals this season...you are going to have a hard time reaching them!!
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

But if you don't know where you're going any road will take you there.
    John

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    But if you don't know where you're going any road will take you there.
    For most bowlers, that leads to a 158 average and occasionally winning the card game.

Congratulations, you've arrived at your destination!!
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

I thank the heavens above that I've been on one of the best streaks of my life in the past 12 weeks. 11/12 over 600, 3 700 series, and a ten-week rolling average of about 225. That being said, I'm taking a month off to rest a few spots that my 50 year-old a** can't recover from quickly anymore!
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-289; high series-739

For the first time ever, I'm going to bowl in a summer league, the goal will be to practice once a week along with the league and shoot over 600 every week.

Grow my arsenal, beat the highest of 268, improve avg of 178. And relax from work...

Learn how to bowl. I started last week with my first fingertip reactive ball, so hopefully I can figure the basics of this thing out by the end of summer with the AMF summer pass.

I'm going to spend the summer converting to shooting straight at all spares. Currently I shoot straight at 6,9,10 and any combo of those pins.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and a ball contest winner.

Summer goal...achieve 80% accuracy on non split single spares each week (currently averaging 77%). My wonderful husband surprised me with attendance to Kegel Bowling Camp this summer. Has anyone ever gone? I am wondering what it will be like. Thanks!

Cranker

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
    Summer goal...achieve 80% accuracy on non split single spares each week (currently averaging 77%). My wonderful husband surprised me with attendance to Kegel Bowling Camp this summer. Has anyone ever gone? I am wondering what it will be like. Thanks!
    I did a one day session at Kegel back in Jan and it was good. They teach the modern release and what they feel is the best way to bowl. So be open to possibly changing the way you throw the ball completely. Since my lesson I've changed the way I release the ball and overall I think I'm a better bowler now but it took a while to get used to it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast