Thread: Marketing

Chats: 1

Default Marketing

Can we do anything about the unabashed marketing in this forum. Sure if you are reviewing a particular ball that's one thing but I'm tired of the incessant "Oh as a member of brand x or brand y etc. all I can recommend is..." please just recommend what you can you don't need to advertise your position.
    Last edited by drlawsoniii; 02-25-2017 at 05:02 PM.

And why not advertise the position? Those that have one are darn proud of it and worked hard to get that.

And YES, I do add a disclaimer about not being able to talk intelligently enough about equipment from another manufacturer because I have never used their equipment.

It is also the responsibility of any staffer to promote their products the best way that they can, and every one of them is proud to do so.

You're making a mole hill out of a mountain.
    Southern Nevada USBC Board of Directors. DV8 - Thug Unruly, Vandal, Vandal Smash. Pitbull, Brunswick - Ultimate Nirvana, Fanatic BTU, Vintage Danger Zone, Plastic T Zone. Memberships- USBC Southern Nevada - http://www.sonvbowl.com, 9TapTour Las Vegas Region - http://www.9taptour.com, LaneSideReviews, #TeamLSR, #TeamBrunswick

Quote Originally Posted by 1VegasBowler View Post
    And why not advertise the position? Those that have one are darn proud of it and worked hard to get that.

And YES, I do add a disclaimer about not being able to talk intelligently enough about equipment from another manufacturer because I have never used their equipment.

It is also the responsibility of any staffer to promote their products the best way that they can, and every one of them is proud to do so.

You're making a mole hill out of a mountain.
    I'm making a mole hill out of a mountain? You being a staffer is a mountain? You carry a 204 average, it's obviously not that difficult to be a staffer. I've seen people asking on here who are staffers for other companies saying how easy it is to become one. Half of the guys in my league carry a 204 on a house shot. There's no need to add a disclaimer if someone is asking about a ball that you're not allow to speak on then don't speak, it's not that hard. You are the only staffer on here that talks about it every post and it gets old. I'm on this forum a lot and it gets old seeing you post about it every post. If you have input give input if you "can't" input dont...simple as that.

I can tell you that it is not easy by any means to be a staffer for any of the companies out here, and it's not all about what ones bowling average is either.

It's about being able to represent the company and their products in many different ways. Heck, there are even dress codes we have to abide by when representing them.

My good friend Rob Johnson from Lane Side Reviews is a great example of this.

When they do a review of ball you will notice that he doesn't, and can't, throw a ball from any company other than Brunswick. He can only speak of what his observations are. His observations are much greater than mine because he sees more than just what happens on the videos, and this is what allows us to post the videos because it's a review, not an endorsement.

Wayne, Scoops and Cameron are the ones who can throw these other balls because they don't have anything in place that prevents them from doing so.

I'll try to tone it down some, but try to understand the position that I/we are in.
    Southern Nevada USBC Board of Directors. DV8 - Thug Unruly, Vandal, Vandal Smash. Pitbull, Brunswick - Ultimate Nirvana, Fanatic BTU, Vintage Danger Zone, Plastic T Zone. Memberships- USBC Southern Nevada - http://www.sonvbowl.com, 9TapTour Las Vegas Region - http://www.9taptour.com, LaneSideReviews, #TeamLSR, #TeamBrunswick

Chats: 4

As my old saying goes (be proud of who or what you are) if I was
    a bowling ball staff member I'd want to promote my company also
    and recommend their equipment every chance I got to do it.

I see nothing wrong with 1VegasBowler saying he can not talk about
    or recommend anything besides Brunswick equipment and also letting
    everyone know he is a Brunswick staffer.

But that is just my opinon it may differ from everyone elses.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

I'd rather see the disclaimer and know where the poster is coming from rather than find out later that the person has a conection to a particular company or oganization.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    I'd rather see the disclaimer and know where the poster is coming from rather than find out later that the person has a conection to a particular company or oganization.
    I'm just tired of seeing it every other post, put it in your signature that way people know you're a Brunswick staffer, and like I said if you cant speak about a ball that is in question then don't speak on it. I dont see Jaxbowlingguy posting about lanemasters on everyone's post all the time. It just gets redundant reading the same thing over and over again. I feel like this site was for other bowlers to seek help and talk about bowling not for you to market yourself or the company you're on staff for.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Okay, I don't think this thread is going anywhere . So I'm going to close it.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker