Rev Rate: 500
Axis Tilt: 25
Axis Rotation: 45
Ball Speed:17
PAP Measurements: 4 1/8
Core: Vanquish
Coverstock: Helix HFP Reactive
Finish: 5000 Grit LSP

As a huge fan of the Revolt Series I was thrilled to know that we decided to create a pearl version of the greatness that is the Revolt Series, the only thing that looks better than the color scheme of the United Revolt is the ball motion it provides. My first impression of the United Revolt was the opposite of what the original left me with, it provided me with more skid and had a stronger roll down lane into the backends

In comparison to the Vengeance the UR isn’t angular nor does it snap exiting the pattern, it isn’t something I would consider cornering the lanes with as I would the Vengeance as that is what it was made to do. In comparison to the Havoc the UR isn’t as big or early upfront as that is where the Havoc displays the majority of its muscle, the UR is longer and the majority of its muscle is displayed down lane. Although the United Revolt does have midlane muscle it is not the extent of what the Havoc provides.

The first time I threw the United Revolt the first quality that grabbed me was how much length I got out of it, easily the longest Revolt of the Fantastic Four. The Helix coverstock allows the UR to clear the heads more easily than the covers of the Original, Vengeance, and Havoc. The second quality I noticed about the UR was what it did exiting the pattern, the UR doesn’t snap off the pattern as pearls tend to do instead of a snap reaction you will get a continuous roll ball motion. The third quality I admire about the UR is its versatility in terms of cover adjustment as I have used this ball at box and have also gone over it with burgundy/green scotch brite pads, with moderate surface I the UR reminded me of the Original and with heavy surface it reminded me of the Havoc (to a lesser extent) . Both surfaces did provide me with better traction encountering heavier flatter patterns where I needed more end over end roll, where I in most cases I would use my Remix I used my UR achieving desirable results .

Adding surface to the UR will roughly make it roll 5-7 boards sooner than at box and will also be accompanied by a stronger midlane roll, being in love with the Havoc I was rather fond of this. On top of the early roll you will still get the backend motion out of the UR, adding surface doesn’t diminish its progression down lane. The United Revolt can serve as your benchmark ball (if you don’t have one), sitting in between the Fear and Havoc, I also feel that it complements the Chronic Paranoia as well granted that the UR cover is both faster and cleaner overall and has a bigger core. There is nothing like a bowling ball that does as advertised. The United Revolt is everything I imagined it would be, clean and continuous be it at box or with surface the ball did exactly as advertised. Do yourself a favor and pledge your allegiance to the United Revolt of Motiv.

Your game will thank you for it.

K.C. White II
Motiv Staff
Mongoose Staff
WhyBowl Staff