Thread: What was I thinking!!??

Cool What was I thinking!!??

So, The last place I bowled left a lot of black tar like substance on my Outcast. Cleaned it up, and decided to try one of my abralon pads. OOB on this ball is 500 Siaair royal compound, royal shine. Pulled out a 1000 and scrubbed it by hand. Was going to try and see what it would do on THS . Figured I'd bring along the 500 grit...just in case.
    Got to the bowling center and asked how long th pattern was. They thought 40 ft. Well, I thought, that would be the longest I'd ever bowled on.
    Started on 10 to lay down on 5...my usual starting point. I had also put some white tape above the fingers and above the thumb...to see my ball reaction.
    Laid that ball right on the money...and watched it skid...like forever..not even sure it came out of the hook phase. Threw the second ball...after wiping off the oil..lots of oil...OMG..so much oil.
    So I didn't panic, just kept throwing that line...more or less. Until that baby hooked into the one two pin for a Brooklyn. Time to move. Went to 20 and tried to lay down on 10. Had some success...but My release is not consistent enough yet. Moved right 5...laid down on 5 or 6...trying different boards. Pretty much stayed around 15-12, using between 2 and 6 for lay down.
    Time to grab the 500 grit pad. Except...I forgot to pack it. Oh well...time to suck it up.
    I tried different angles with various results. Turned into an experiment.
    Now..I am a senior, just getting back into it. My wife bowls a spare ball...and beat me in two games. She has no real form...but did real well. Her PB was 138 tonite. She has a weird left to right spin. And got two doubles in the 10 th frame of the last two games, and missed a third one, leaving the 10 on both games.
    My spare shooting was better. I still have a little right to left hook, or drift that I have to adjust for.
    Anyway I was in the 125-130 area. So far my PB is 143 at another house.
    Gonna take it back to 500 grit. But I did learn a lot...with that long pattern. I am beginning to recognize lane transition...and even If I can't quite make the shot, the learning curve continues. The tape on my ball, helped to see what it was doing.
    This was probably my 40th game. Early timing is still a problem.
    The saga continues...

Chats: 4

Hey Double C where were you bowling at that left the black
    tar like substance on your ball sounds like one of the centers
    in Nashville to me but I can't remember which one though.

Is the old bowling center still open up there in Lebanon? I used
    to go up there and bowl some way back in the day but mostly
    bowled over at Pro Bowl West when I got up that way but that
    was way back in the mid to late 90's.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

It was at Pro Bowl West. I bowl there cause it's 20 minutes from my house...once a week. Since I work nights, I also bowl in Smyrna,with the wife, as they are open 24/7. The young guyin the pro shop, said it was from the tape, in the pit. He used some acetone on it.