Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad knee's and can't find the speed !

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Old lefty View Post
    So....I have 2 bad knee's and I'm having problems generating enough speed for the shot we bowl on (Bourbon St rec pattern ),my ball seems to always roll up early. I'm throwing a Hy-road pin over the middle of my bridge cg almost zero and a Polished RotoGrip Theory pin up Stacked about 1 and 1/2 inches away from my fingers ..both are 15 lb ,just this last week I moved up about a foot in front of the dots ( pretty soon I'll be in front of the ball return )been standing 25 right and trying to swing 12 board(lefty...thus the name )I'll listen to all and try most ......thanks folks !
    I suffer from low ball speed also here are some things I've found that help:

1. There's a whole world at 15 -20 at the arrows don't be afraid to go there. It's rare I Find myself with a target of 12
    2. Switch to 14lbs helps the ball speed and will probably help the ball get down the lane a little farther
    3. Only buy balls with higher RG and medium to weak cover stocks (you've done ok there)
    4. Surfaces 3k-4k are your friend
    5. The comments about timing are dead on
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Chats: 0

I have early timing which causes some bad pulls to the left. My ball speed isn’t that good. 14.5-15mph.

The last several articles that I've written for "Bowling This Month" deal specifically with the problems that seniors run into as our bodies turn from being our friend to being our enemy. In my own case, I'm now only bowling in recreational leagues, and I use a plastic spare ball exclusively. The good news is that my average has actually gone up, and I'm enjoying bowling more now than I have in a very long time. I've also found that really getting back to basics has really improved my bowling. I don't change bowling balls, 'cause I only bring one. I don't vary my ball speed, 'cause it hurts too bad. I can make horizontal moves, but I am limited by how far I can go and still get a spare ball back (3rd arrow is about it). What I can do is to really pay attention to lane transition, vary my rotation and tilt, and make sure that I am very accurate, consistent, and pick up my spares. You'd be surprised at how often I have the high series on the pair!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12