Thread: Funny I think

Cranker
    Chats: 0

Default Funny I think

So I drop my Storm Phaze off at my pro shop and asked them to compare it to my Track. Whoever drilled the Storm to the spec's of the Track screwed up. The span was shorter by 3/16th on an inch...WOW! No wonder I couldn't get out of the Phaze. So when I picked it up a couple of day's ago I checked the span and it felt ok so I just threw it in my locker and left, I was in a rush. Now thinking back the Ball had no shine to it If I remember correctly. The Phaze only has maybe 25 games on it and was never surfaced or anything. Now I am wondering if they were working on 2 of the same balls and mixed them up with one that was resurfaced or what ever they call it. I have to stop in tomorrow just to look at it again....lol

Will update, I'm sure it's my imagination, because if the other person (if there is one) would have complained maybe and they would have called me saying I had the wrong ball....Yes I am known as an overthinker...
    “There’s nothing like throwing a 16lb 8.5 inch sphere at 10 3.5lb wooden objects spaced 12 inches apart and having them all hit each other” proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Cranker

lol no update yet, I still have not been to the alley... I am hoping to get some games in Monday morning and take another look at the ball. Since no one else complained about getting the wrong ball by now I presume that nothing is wrong....lol
    “There’s nothing like throwing a 16lb 8.5 inch sphere at 10 3.5lb wooden objects spaced 12 inches apart and having them all hit each other” proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

What finish is the Phase ? I seem to remember a matte finish ball, is that the Phase or is that the Phase II ? I don't recall the colors of each ball, maybe the pso dulled it up for you !

Cranker

the original Phaze which is not even on BB.com anymore was very shinny. AS I said I was in a big rush and this thread is a mistake. I am going to practice tomorrow morning and will probably laugh at myself...

Cranker

Ok bowled Monday morning, The Track and Phaze are drilled to the same specs yet I still have an issue getting out of the Phaze. I even had Tampabaybob (my coach) look at them and he is also confused. I think it's a mental block becuase I expect so much more out of the Phaze, which it actually does, it hooks alot stronger than the Tranck it's just not comfortable. I said to Bon it's like sitting in 2 different chairs. How is that possible if the drilling is exact?

It's either mental or because I am playing a different line with the Phaze....

Chats: 4

Quote Originally Posted by LOUVIT View Post
    It's either mental or because I am playing a different line with the Phaze....
    Could it be maybe you are releasing the Phaze just a little differently
    than the Track causing you to hang in it?
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Other than the span, did they check pitch and lateral?
    What about the surface texture inside the thumb?
    If you feel like it is hanging in the thumb try some water and ball polish inside the thumb hole. If you use a scotch Brite pad on a bevel sander with the water and polish it will be like glass and very easy to clear.