Thread: Anyone ever attend or have experience with Dick Ritger training camp

Default Anyone ever attend or have experience with Dick Ritger training camp

I saw a promotion for a bowling training camp by Dick Ritger, says it's the 40th year, they charge 480.00 for a 4 day training
    with 5 instructors listed. Kelly Kulick, Tony Bilello, Bob Rea, Lonny Olson, Joe Shullek.

Has anyone taken the course, was it worth it, how many students did they take on ?

For the same dollars I could get 9 or 10 sessions with a gold coach of around 75 min each.

I did a coaching clinic last yr did it to pit on my resume more than to learn . Nothing I didn't know already ,but I try to watch and read everything I can. Member of Bowling This Month Magazine http://www.bowlingthismonth.com/.
    I watch a lot of you tube videos learn more from that then I did from taking The Ritger class or being a Bronze Level coach.

Chats: 0

I went to a Ritger camp back in 2000. It helped me but at the time I was more of a beginner. If you are a more advanced bowler, go with the Gold level coach. More bang for your buck.

Cranker

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I saw a promotion for a bowling training camp by Dick Ritger, says it's the 40th year, they charge 480.00 for a 4 day training
    with 5 instructors listed. Kelly Kulick, Tony Bilello, Bob Rea, Lonny Olson, Joe Shullek.

Has anyone taken the course, was it worth it, how many students did they take on ?

For the same dollars I could get 9 or 10 sessions with a gold coach of around 75 min each.
    Most of the gold coaches I seen charge about $100/hr. Are you sure you can get 9 or 10 sessions from a gold coach?

I'm doing a one day clinic with Ron Hatfield in June and that was $125. A full day at Kegel with Randy Stoughton back in Jan cost me $550.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonNJ View Post
    Most of the gold coaches I seen charge about $100/hr. Are you sure you can get 9 or 10 sessions from a gold coach?

I'm doing a one day clinic with Ron Hatfield in June and that was $125. A full day at Kegel with Randy Stoughton back in Jan cost me $550.
    Yes, he charges 65.00 a lesson and has a package of 2 for 120.00 and package of 4 for 195.00 / Richard Shockley
    Great guy, great coaching and reasonable prices.
    If you got 2 pkgs of 4 and one of 2 lessons it would be 10 sessions for 510.00
    Last edited by Tony; 05-13-2017 at 07:52 AM.

Cranker

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Yes, he charges 65.00 a lesson and has a package of 2 for 120.00 and package of 4 for 195.00 / Richard Shockley
    Great guy, great coaching and reasonable prices.
    If you got 2 pkgs of 4 and one of 2 lessons it would be 10 sessions for 510.00
    Wow that is reasonable. Shockley has some pretty good videos on YouTube too.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonNJ View Post
    Wow that is reasonable. Shockley has some pretty good videos on YouTube too.
    Yes, just having access to a high level coach like him is great, and it's definitely a bonus that the fee's are pretty affordable.