Thread: Where in an arsenal does the Track Kinetic Emerald fit?

Default Where in an arsenal does the Track Kinetic Emerald fit?

Hi all,

So I've ordered a Track Kinetic Emerald, but am having trouble deciding how to drill it and where it would fit (or which ball it would replace) in my arsenal.

I am a speed dominant stroker/low rev tweener with low axis tilt but high rotation, I bowl predominantly on sport shots.

My current arsenal is as below and how I use them:
    1. Haywire (OUB finish, pin down): Probably the most used versatile ball I have, blends out patterns really well and is often a life saver. The only downside is I have trouble keeping a comfortable angle through the pins when I move in.
    2. Mamba Hybrid (2000 grit, pin up but short pin-pap): Allows me to move further in than the haywire
    3. Hy-road Pearl (OUB, pin up): A step down from my haywire - I thought I'd like the ball being a smoother shape but it's change in direction's a bit too abrupt for me
    4. Pitch blue: I mainly use it as a spare ball

I feel like I have two options with my kinetic:
    1. Make it my ball down from my mamba hybrid (though I'm not sure if it's considered a strong ball anymore?), so drilling it with a fairly aggressive pin down lay out (generally what I like, given my style)
    2. Replace my hy-road pearl, by drilling it with a skid/flip motion. I'm considering this because the core has a lower RG so it would probably be more controllable in the mid-lane?
    Which of the two do you all think would be more suitable?

Cheers in advance!

I can tell you right now that is a fantastic ball. Threw it in a demo and loved it. Buddy bought one and he has been killing it with that ball.

That being said, you say you are low tilt, do you track high?

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyOliverLee View Post
    Hi all,

So I've ordered a Track Kinetic Emerald, but am having trouble deciding how to drill it and where it would fit (or which ball it would replace) in my arsenal.

I am a speed dominant stroker/low rev tweener with low axis tilt but high rotation, I bowl predominantly on sport shots.

My current arsenal is as below and how I use them:
    1. Haywire (OUB finish, pin down): Probably the most used versatile ball I have, blends out patterns really well and is often a life saver. The only downside is I have trouble keeping a comfortable angle through the pins when I move in.
    2. Mamba Hybrid (2000 grit, pin up but short pin-pap): Allows me to move further in than the haywire
    3. Hy-road Pearl (OUB, pin up): A step down from my haywire - I thought I'd like the ball being a smoother shape but it's change in direction's a bit too abrupt for me
    4. Pitch blue: I mainly use it as a spare ball

I feel like I have two options with my kinetic:
    1. Make it my ball down from my mamba hybrid (though I'm not sure if it's considered a strong ball anymore?), so drilling it with a fairly aggressive pin down lay out (generally what I like, given my style)
    2. Replace my hy-road pearl, by drilling it with a skid/flip motion. I'm considering this because the core has a lower RG so it would probably be more controllable in the mid-lane?
    Which of the two do you all think would be more suitable?

Cheers in advance!
    First an impertinant question, why would you buy a ball without knowing where it fits in your toolbox?

I would try changing the surface on your HyRoad pearl to smooth out its reaction. If adding more surface works, then follow your first option, the step down from the Mamba.

I don't know if the Kinetic can be drilled and surfaced to do what you wanted the Hy-Road pearl to do.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    First an impertinant question, why would you buy a ball without knowing where it fits in your toolbox?

I would try changing the surface on your HyRoad pearl to smooth out its reaction. If adding more surface works, then follow your first option, the step down from the Mamba.

I don't know if the Kinetic can be drilled and surfaced to do what you wanted the Hy-Road pearl to do.
    No it's not impertinent at all. The reason's two-fold: First, being in the market for 1 ball and having bowled on 3 sport patterns (Melbourne, Athens, Tokyo), I realised I struggle most when I have to use my hy-road - so I'm looking for a medium ball. Second, I was deciding whether to get a sooth medium ball (like a gamebreaker 2) or a skid-snap ball (for one of the two aforementioned purposes). I was inclined towards the latter because I tend to not have much entry angle on sports pattern when I use a smooth medium ball (I use to have an IQ tour), and the kinetic is ever so slightly asymmetric with a low RG so I figured it might work for me (I never really liked balls that change direction abruptly, though I will be changing the surface of my hy-road after I get my kinetic drilled).

Quote Originally Posted by KYDave View Post
    I can tell you right now that is a fantastic ball. Threw it in a demo and loved it. Buddy bought one and he has been killing it with that ball.

That being said, you say you are low tilt, do you track high?
    Not sure what track high means - but I do have a lot of rotation.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Not sure what track high means - but I do have a lot of rotation.
    A high or low track is referring to how close the initial oil lines you see on your ball are to the finger & thumb holes.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    A high or low track is referring to how close the initial oil lines you see on your ball are to the finger & thumb holes.

I'd probably be medium-high

Thanks 1820

I'd probably be medium-high
    I ask because you throw a lot of pin down equipment but say you are low tilt. Everyone (including me) I know that is low tilt also tracks high. Usually a pin down layout would clip the thumb or fingers for us.

If you have layouts that you like I wouldn't try to reinvent anything here.

Pin down is going to be earlier and longer hook phase. Pin up is going to be later and more angular. Generally speaking. A lot will depend on your specs and your pap and drill/val angles.
    Current arsenal:
    Motiv Trident Motiv Jackal Ghost RG No Rules RG DareDevil
    C300 Impulse Hammer Black Urethane