Thread: New Ball

Chats: 0

Default New Ball

So I recently purchased a new ball. It was the Columbia 300 Raw Urge. I was looking to get some insight into what the thoughts are on this ball.

I was previously throwing a Purple Rhino Pro so this ball seems to be a considerably different ball for me, which I expected since the rhino was ancient.

Basically just looking for any reviews anyone would have on this ball.

Chats: 10

Check out reviews on bowlingball.com
    In my bag: Roto Grip UFO, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused and Roto Grip Hustle hyb

League High Series: 745 (12/23/19) High Game: 300 (11/23/15)

Proud member of BowlingBoards.com

Chats: 22

I have this page bookmarked, which gives explanations for things like RG and types of cores. Hard to keep track of all this stuff sometimes!
    http://modern-bowling.com/Bowling-Co...-Vegas-NV.html

In my amateur opinion, you upgraded from a cap gun to a machine gun lol
    "If a word in the dictionary were misspelled, how would we know?" - Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by panbanger View Post
    I have this page bookmarked, which gives explanations for things like RG and types of cores. Hard to keep track of all this stuff sometimes!
    http://modern-bowling.com/Bowling-Co...-Vegas-NV.html

In my amateur opinion, you upgraded from a cap gun to a machine gun lol
    Thanks for the article. Always enjoy reading and learning as much as I can as I don't really know a whole lot at this point.

And, that was the hope was to make a serious upgrade. It helps too that I work in the bar of the bowling center, so we get an employee discount. Makes the whole bowling ball investment much more manageable.

Quote Originally Posted by Blomer View Post
    Check out reviews on bowlingball.com
    This is actually where I started originally. I found a few reviews there, but was thinking since this is a bowling forum, it'd be a good spot to get some additional insight.
    Last edited by Brite1; 04-04-2017 at 09:38 AM.

Hey RobM, it was mentioned to me that you write for an online bowling journal. I was wondering if you had ever had a chance to give this ball a test? Just looking to see what your thoughts/opinions were on it.

Chats: 32

Sorry Brite. Ive seen the original Urge but not the Raw Urge. I don't see a lot of Colombia equipment in the area period. The urge that I did see was a nice looking ball medium strength and even rolling
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone