Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Super bummed today

Chats: 0

Default Super bummed today

The man who got me into bowling, hunting, and fishing, passed away this past Thursday. My Dad was 78. Complications due to emphysema and lung cancer due to 66 years of smoking. My wife was in the hospital having her gall bladder removed when I got the call that he had passed. He was just placed in hospice care the night before and we were told he had a few weeks left. He didn't last 12 hours. No one was with him when it happened.
    No showing, no funeral. He's being cremated and interred with his parents, which I find very strange that my parents won't be buried together after being married just short of 50 years.
    So, just bummed that the last time I saw him was the last time I'll ever see him.

Condolences to you and your family.
    Average: 190, High Game: 285, High Series 718
    In the bag: Radical More Cash, Track Paradox Pearl, Track Tundra, Storm Super Natural

Sorry to hear that, my condolences, try to concentrate on the good memories and not worry about things you can't change. You were where you were supposed to be, with your wife when she's having surgery.

Oh man so sorry to hear. I lost my Dad 11 yrs ago and I know how it feels. I never knew if this is the last time I will see him every time I left the hospital.

Very sad time for sure! Remember the good times and all that he shared with you. My dad passed nearly 40 years ago and I still miss him as he was my best friend. He could fix or build most anything. I recall him making a refrigerator door handle from stock aluminum on his lathe and drill press. It made the refrigerator functional again and looked like brand new! Give me some tools and I'll hurt myself.
    Sorry to hear your story. Take care!

Chats: 204

Condolences

Pin Crusher

Heading to church in a little bit. I will throw one out there for you and your family.
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-289; high series-739

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 221

My prayers aare with you and your family on your loss. I lost my father 23 years ago and I still miss him. Just remember the good things and times with your father and it will get easier
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

Thanks everyone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast