Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ASLAN VS ICEMAN Triennial Challenge

Chats: 204

Lightbulb ASLAN VS ICEMAN Triennial Challenge

Since Iceman is still alive, hasn't been abducted by aliens (or re-abducted in his case)...the most obvious question on everyone's mind is: When will the Aslan vs. Iceman Challenge take place and where and who will take part??

Such a monumental event certainly takes some time to plan...so I've decided to start the planning NOW. Hopefully, Iceman and RobM are around to offer their input. Consider this the "preliminary discussion".

First, "When?"
    Well, it seems only fitting that we should celebrate Iceman's 69th birthday together, as we did his 66th birthday. Granted, like the last tournament...everything hinges on him living that long...but with his magical elixers...I think it's a good bet. We might have to change the actual date to sometime "around" the 24th of September...as Iceman may already have party plans...but let's set a TENTATIVE TIMEFRAME of:
    SEPTEMBER 2017.

Second, "WHO?" WHO will be the participants...the "invitees"???
    Well, per the original rules; Aslan, Iceman and RobM receive automatic bids as the co-founders (Aslan/Iceman) and previous champion (RobM).

This means we have TWO spots to fill...but there is no limit should we decide to expand the field from FIVE to ?????

Therefore, I ask that Iceman and RobM (assuming he's game for a defense of his title) think of a couple BB members they'd like to "invite".

Third, WHERE??
    This was the sticking point during our previous attempts to revise the Challenge/Invitational. I WILL be moving to the Midwest by the beginning of June. I don't know 'exactly' where at this point...but a safe bet is on central Iowa. That puts me and Iceman in very close proximity and makes the prospect of a re-match more likely.

I want to stop short of suggesting an exact location at this point...but will stipulate that it will be a "neutral" center/location...MOST LIKELY in the Illinois, Missouri, Iowa area. That would put it in driving distance of Kansas City, Omaha, Des Moines, St. Louis, Chicago, Springfield, and Champagne...maybe even Milwaukee and Western Indiana.

Given that Mudpuppy has disappeared and MWhite has retired from the site, and from bowling...my 'short list" for who I'd like to invite would be Amyers and Tony. Also on my list (honorable mentions/runner-ups) would be:

- Bowl1820...a fellow "Bowling God"...however, he's in Florida...so that's unlikely.
    - mc_runner...but, he's in Connecticut...also unlikely.
    - TimmyB...to test myself against a guy on a heck of a hot streak...and Milwaukee 'might' be close enough...
    - vDubTX...again, to test myself against one of the "legends" of the site.
    - NewtoBowling...mainly just because I think NewtoBowling is actually Iceman in disguise and want to prove that theory correct or incorrect.
    - Blacksox1...although, he's also in Florida, so that's unlikely.
    - manke, to add some cultural flair to the event...although I think he's still in Europe/Scandanavia...so that's a big stretch.
    - JAnderson...but like mc_runner, he's out in Connecticut.
    - fortheloveofbowling...not sure where he/she is at...
    - JaxBowlingGuy...but, as above, another guy that is in Florida.

Iceman and I should have no problem...3-5 hour drive at most. And given the central location...I'm sure we can at least find two more midwestern bowlers to participate. The 'trick' will be trying to get RobM out of Vegas. If the tournament had enough participants, we could probably all chip in and pay his airfare hotel...I mean, he IS the defending champion and all. But I don't think we have enough midwestern bowlingball.com members able to make the tournament...to reasonable fund it. We'd need 10-15 participants to pull that off.

As Iceman learned when we tried to plan this last time...it was easy to do in Vegas because Vegas is a "destination city"...and we had 1 participant that lived there and 2 within driving distance and another planning to go there anyway. That just left it up to Iceman to take a little vacation. Convincing someone on the West or East coasts...or Texas or Florida...to fly to "Fort Madison, IA" for a bowling match is a harder sell.

But...we have TIME...so let's see if we can't revive the "Greatest Bowling Event in the History of Mankind". We have FIVE MONTHS to figure it out!!

For those that are reading this thinking, "WTH!?"...history can be researched here.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Just let Iceman fade off into the sunset with his back-to-back 300's. Nothing more to prove here (except for his knowledge of eternal life).
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

My initial reaction is I would love to in on this. Unfortunately I can't commit at this time due to three factors; we are already going on an expensive trip to Alaska this summer, being self-employed I may wind up with a job that I can't leave for a long weekend, and lastly I'm on the d.l. with a pinched nerve. Hopefully, this nerve thing will get resolved in the next week or so.
    John

Chats: 32

I'd love to go but even St. Louis is a 10 hour drive for me not sure I could convince the wife and kido's that going to St. Louis in September to bowl was a good idea
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

I would actually like to do it, but... I'm going to have a newborn and I don't think it would go over well if I left to go to the midwest to bowl with people on the internet lol. Perhaps some other time though!

Chats: 0

Iceman said that he is going to Las Vegas for the star trek event in August.
    Hammer Purple Urethane. Storm Surge Hybrid, Storm Pitch Purple, Roto Grip Hyper Cell.
    2 Storm Surge Pearl 4x4x2 and a no flare, ,Roto Grip Hot Cell, Roto Grip Haywire.
    2020/2021, Hi Average 219, Hi Game 289, Hi Series 771, 30 Clean 4, 700 Series 16.
    2021/2022, Hi Average 211, Hi Game 256 Hi Series 693, 30 Clean 0, 700 Series 0.
    Proud member of Bowlingboards.com Since 2013.

There's LOTS of time. Remember, Mudpuppy pulled out, then was IN, then pulled out, then showed up.

Plenty of time...

Besides, Iceman hasn't even weighed in yet. He's not one to back down from challenges...buuuttt...maybe bubba is right and he might want to end things on a "high" note.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    There's LOTS of time. Remember, Mudpuppy pulled out, then was IN, then pulled out, then showed up.

Plenty of time...

Besides, Iceman hasn't even weighed in yet. He's not one to back down from challenges...buuuttt...maybe bubba is right and he might want to end things on a "high" note.
    Checking Iceman's latest postings in the post your bowling scores section it looks like he's ready for a return match in Las Vegas this August.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    Checking Iceman's latest postings in the post your bowling scores section it looks like he's ready for a return match in Las Vegas this August.
    Which would have been GREAT...if he had not disappeared for two years when that was a more viable option.

Ironically, I will now be moving within a few hours of him...which might facilitate a rematch...and now he's decided to go to Vegas for GeekFest 2017.

Some....some would wonder if his strategy all along was to "avoid" a rematch. Now that I'm heading to his beloved MidWest...he's suddenly heading to the West Coast...hmmmmm....

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Quote Originally Posted by bubba809 View Post
    Just let Iceman fade off into the sunset with his back-to-back 300's. Nothing more to prove here (except for his knowledge of eternal life).
    Fade off into your nightmare Bubba!! What do you know about eternal life??? I am a god! I hope you can make this new rumble! I need some FRESH MEAT!!! I would rent the bowling lanes in Plattsburg, but you would have to know how to keep score Old School Bubba, like the bowling itself. It has the overhead projector type of keeping track of my victory! I could hire some cute farm girls to keep score if you don't know how! would only need 3 for the six lanes! Plattsburg, would be a real challenge for most you synthetic bowlers! I did have and its posted there a 278 last year! Never been a 300 in all its history! Did hear last year a farm boy that's bowled their since he was a kid, had a 290!

"Hi Bubba, I know how to keep score REAL GOOD!" "Would be more then happy to do it for you!" "If you man enough to play against Iceman, and my older brother Ralph, and my other bother Todd, and my other brother Samson!"
    Last edited by MICHAEL; 04-13-2017 at 01:42 AM.
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast