Layout:
75 x 4 x 40

When the lanes start to dry out and you need some added performance in your game, get #firedup with the Octane Carbon. Motiv has brought two new pieces of technology to the Octane line to provide a truly high-rev piece: the Agitator MXR Pearl shell (5500LSP) wrapped around the duly density Injector core (2.56RG, .042Diff). The intention of my layout was to provide a slightly stronger compliment to my Venom Cobra between those second and third transitions and that is exactly what this ball provides. The pearl shell/high RG core combination provides easy projection through the heads. Given that I put a 4in pin placement on it I start to see the Carbon read the midlane yet it does not react early; it still glides down the lanes even though it is showing it is already reaction to the surface. Once at the breakpoint this ball unleashes a powerful move to the pocket which greatly helps when my launch angles widen (which they always do as the day progresses). Watching others throw their Carbons with longer pin placements reveals a backend that is even more dramatic. I have been able to throw mine on the fresh since our house shots are medium volume and even then it impressed. While I had to square up the lane I did not see any over reaction on the crisp, new backends. The ball read the mids well before making a quick motion to the pocket which carried through to the pit. This may be one of the more versatile balls I have in my bag right now.

Trent Overbey
In the Zone Pro Shop
Motiv Staff
www.motivbowling.com