Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sore losers/Bad sportsmanship/Angry bowlers

Quote Originally Posted by LOUVIT View Post
    Only time I used to get mad was when I bowled action. Which I did a lot of in the 70's..
    Ok.....I don't what "bowled action" is?

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Bowling for money like in king pin...

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    Bowling for money like in king pin...
    Yep. In the sport of bowling, action refers to bowling opponents for money. Putting money on the line and winner takes all.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Lol...wow, all these years, that's the first time I have ever heard that.

Chats: 4

Around here we always called it pot bowling or in
    my case I always just called it donating all of my
    money to the other bowlers. LOL!!!!!
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by got_a_300 View Post
    Around here we always called it pot bowling or in
    my case I always just called it donating all of my
    money to the other bowlers. LOL!!!!!
    Lol, yeah that was me at the 9pin last night. Glad I could stop by and help others win big money!

This post brings back memories. The guy who taught me was a boyfriend of my mom back in the day. The guy was a jerk but a top notch bowler and excellent teacher. However, if he blew a pot then look out. Him missing a 10 pin causing him and his team to lose was a definite 100MPH white knuckle ride back home for me and my mom. I was about 10 yrs old at the time. One night he bowled with his brand new Black Hammer right when they first came out. In the last game he blew the 10th. He walked outside and slammed the ball on the ground causing it to bounce 20 feet in the air. He did it over and over all the way back to our car. Finally it landed on the hood of a car near ours. He grabbed the ball, threw it in the truck and we left. Somehow nobody seen him do it and it was back before cameras were everywhere so he got away with it. Serious damage too. The irony is, the very next week and many weeks after continued to use his road rashed Black Hammer and did well with it. I guess thats one way to scuff a Hammer but not the preferred method. I can go on in this thread with stories about this guy for days. All I can say is luckily I got his skill with bowling but I did not get his attitude.

Chats: 1

I bowled with this one team for years. Nice enough off the lanes, but a bunch of asses on it. There was one team that we always had a rivalry with, however it got to the point where some of the guys on our team starting cheering when they missed a spare, or had a bad shot. They got pissed when they started getting some of their own medicine. A couple of my teammates wanted to settle this in the parking lot. It stopped when I pointed out that they started this crap, so just shut up and bowl.
    Style: Power Stroker/Tweener - 16.5 - 17.5 mph, PAP 4 1/2 x 0

In the bags:
    Retooled with 15 lb equipment.

In the Bag: Radical Ludicrous, 900Global Honey Badger Claw, 900Global Honey Badger, DV8 spareball

In the Bullpen : Radical Quick Fix, Radical Katana

The archives: Ebonite Grey Wolf (first 300), Red Wolf (first 700). Just can't let them go.

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

SandBagger

I have seen people kick ball returns, punch ball returns, punch walls, yell in other peoples' faces, tug and pull on the computers, kick balls down the lane, throw balls halfway down the lane, purposely throw gutter balls, complain about opponents making spares, slamming balls into bags, onto the floor, bouncing them, or kicking them down the aisle.
    Averages: Right (THS):215 | Left (THS):175 | Sport:166 |High Game:300 | High Series:815
    Arsenal: Storm Tropical Storm, 900 Black Ops, Motiv Tank

Out of all those things I've seen people do, not one time have I seen an official call a "Do over" because of their antics. So silly, I just shake my head.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast