Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sore losers/Bad sportsmanship/Angry bowlers

Default Sore losers/Bad sportsmanship/Angry bowlers

Care to share any memorable stories of times where someone may have gotten a little out of line?

I was bowling on a league and someone on the other team hit the pocket (Not at the best of angles) and left the 7-10. Instead of throwing his second shot, he put the ball on the ground and pushed it off with his foot and it of course, landed in the gutter .

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Lets see I've seen,

On One league a fist fight broke out.

Another a bowler threw his shoes down the lane.

Another a chair got threw down.

One guy had a bad night walked out the door and threw his bag full of balls in the dumpster.

Misc. shouting matches, kicking the ball return and knocking the cover off.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 04-14-2017 at 12:01 AM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 1

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    Lets see I've seen,

On One league a fist fight broke out.

Another a bowler threw his shoes down the lane.

Another a chair got threw down.

One guy had a bad night walked out the door and threw his bag full of balls in the dumpster.

Misc. shouting matches, kicking the ball return and knocking the cover off.
    I saw a guy flip an oiling machine because it was running a couple lanes over and it came into is periphery...

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Seen just about everything listed except the oil machine getting flipped. Monitors broken can be added.

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    And I did that with good reason!!!

Actually, the only bad sportsmanship I've seen...both times came from older women. I find that unexpected for some reason.

But, in both cases, it was just me being on the approach and the making noises or trying to distract me.

All it does is make me angry and then I actually bowl better...so more power to em...but I still think it's highly questionable sportsmanship.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 185; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Chats: 55

We were bowling on lanes 1 and 2 a few years ago, and my teammate on that league (doubles partner on the league following) got irritated when the pins weren't carrying well. She left a stone 9 and turned and slapped the wall - caught her little finger and it swelled up like a balloon. Even though she finished that league, I had to bowl our doubles league without her. She felt horrible.

My husband shows a temper when he's not bowling well, but it's always at himself. Most people on our league have gotten use to it, but newer people either look at me funny or ask if he's ok. I've learned to ignore it as he just gets frustrated at himself. The worst I remember him doing is kicking the return or the trash can.

There was a guy on our Friday league that would get so mad that he would bounce his ball on the floor. Very rude if you were close by.
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

I've seen a lot of kicked ball returns, and a few walls punched, tables flipped, chairs thrown, and once saw a guy take his ball out to the 4 lane road in front of the bowling alley and roll it down the hill, lucky it was late and there was not much traffic. I'm pretty sure he didn't get a strike....

Wow those are some serious anger issues. I've been mad at myself plenty of times and might say some colorful words and sit down in the chair heavy. But good grief flipping oil machines is nuts. Not like those are like $100.
    Current arsenal:
    Motiv Trident Motiv Jackal Ghost RG No Rules RG DareDevil
    C300 Impulse Hammer Black Urethane

Chats: 4

I've seen the times way back in the 80's people would
    say they could bowl better in the parking lot so some
    of them would get their bowling balls out and go out to
    the parking lot.

They would roll them down the small hill and against the
    side of the building at the bottom of the hill and then there's
    the times I've thrown balls in the garbage cans at the center
    and I've even went as far as to throw balls, bag, shoes off of
    the bridge and into the river.

It is way too expensive to do those kind of things now days so
    I just go home after a bad night of bowling and go to bed and
    just say to myself it will be better next time.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Me and my one friend once slammed a ball off the train tracks u till it split in two.

...not being bad sports or sore losers or anything..just for fun lol. Another guy on our team threw his ball and it came back cracked from the middle finger hole to like half way around the ball. The finger was drilled right into the pin so we weren't surprised. Took it to our local bar after bowling that happens to be right by the train tracks and had some fun chick ing it off the rails until it split. We each took a half home

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast