Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sore losers/Bad sportsmanship/Angry bowlers

Chats: 0

I used to get really frustrated when I wasn't doing well, but I never kicked, threw, or hit anything. Just a few well-placed expletives -- and usually under my breath. People seem to be angrier these days than they were back in the day --and here I'm talking about the late '70s. I won't put up with dangerous behavior. I'll just leave. That's why I don't bowl league.
    DV8 Red/Orange Misfit, Storm IQ Tour Fusion, Pyramid Blood Moon

Bowler
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

Best one I saw was a friend of my father's had a brand new ball get chipped in the back (no significant damage), looked at it, and offered it up for $10 to anyone who wanted it; my dad pulled $10 out and bought it from him. A couple weeks later, after it was plugged and drilled, my father beat him out of 1st place in sweeper with it.
    Currently in the bag: Roto Grip Hyper Cell (2000), Storm IQ Tour Fusion (1500 polish), Storm Reign Supreme (2000), DV8 Hooligan Taunt (500 polish - from this site!), Columbia 300 Freeze Hybrid (1500 polish), Faball Blue Hammer.

Years ago a friend of mine got so frustrated that he shot put the bowling ball down the lane. He turned around to notice the Manager had seen the whole thing. He immediately grabbed his thumb like the ball had stuck to it. I never saw him pull another stunt like that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12