Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sore losers/Bad sportsmanship/Angry bowlers

Chats: 0

I used to get really frustrated when I wasn't doing well, but I never kicked, threw, or hit anything. Just a few well-placed expletives -- and usually under my breath. People seem to be angrier these days than they were back in the day --and here I'm talking about the late '70s. I won't put up with dangerous behavior. I'll just leave. That's why I don't bowl league.
    DV8 Red/Orange Misfit, Storm IQ Tour Fusion, Pyramid Blood Moon

Ringer
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

Best one I saw was a friend of my father's had a brand new ball get chipped in the back (no significant damage), looked at it, and offered it up for $10 to anyone who wanted it; my dad pulled $10 out and bought it from him. A couple weeks later, after it was plugged and drilled, my father beat him out of 1st place in sweeper with it.
    Currently in the arsenal: Roto Grip Hyper Cell (@2000), Hammer Gauntlet Fury (@1000 polished), Roto Grip Idol (@2000), Storm IQ Tour Emerald (@1500 polished), Storm Phaze 4 (@1500 polished), Hammer Cherry Vibe (@1500 polished), Hammer Black Widow Urethane (@1000), Jet Blackbird

Years ago a friend of mine got so frustrated that he shot put the bowling ball down the lane. He turned around to notice the Manager had seen the whole thing. He immediately grabbed his thumb like the ball had stuck to it. I never saw him pull another stunt like that.

On league I bowled in a mother and son got into a knock down fight. The father stood there and said "I have missed this". I never returned to that league.

Quote Originally Posted by got_a_300 View Post
    I've seen the times way back in the 80's people would
    say they could bowl better in the parking lot so some
    of them would get their bowling balls out and go out to
    the parking lot.

They would roll them down the small hill and against the
    side of the building at the bottom of the hill and then there's
    the times I've thrown balls in the garbage cans at the center
    and I've even went as far as to throw balls, bag, shoes off of
    the bridge and into the river.

It is way too expensive to do those kind of things now days so
    I just go home after a bad night of bowling and go to bed and
    just say to myself it will be better next time.
    I remember paying $100 a ball for a hammer back in the 80's. That was a lot of money back then. (and even now) Were you talking about cheap plastic balls?

So this happened the other night... Our team had a pretty good night and wound up taking 26 out of 32 available points on the evening. One guy from the other team who shot a decent set (his avg is 197 and he shot 610) was extremely perturbed, I guess because his team got beat pretty good. After we were done bowling he was slamming his balls around into his bag and just being an extremely poor sport. As far as I could tell, no one was even talking to him because of his demeanor. At the height of his tantrum, he wound up taking his Storm Code Red and smashing it on the ground in the setee area and shattering it into a dozen pieces. I didn't actually see him do this as he was behind me at the time, I just turned around as I heard it and saw the aftermath. I'm not sure what set him off, but that amount of rage was totally uncalled for. He could have seriously hurt someone with the pieces of ball that came off of that thing. I'm not sure what is going to happen with the guy, but I wouldn't be surprised, or upset, if he were kicked out of the league. He apologized later, and I truly think he was ashamed of what he did, but he's known as kind of a hot head and that kind of behavior is unacceptable.
    Average: 190, High Game: 285, High Series 718
    In the bag: Radical More Cash, Track Paradox Pearl, Track Tundra, Storm Super Natural

Chats: 4

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
    I remember paying $100 a ball for a hammer back in the 80's. That was a lot of money back then. (and even now) Were you talking about cheap plastic balls?
    Nope no cheap plastic balls I was talking about top level balls over $160-200+ balls
    back then I could afford to throw them away not so much now days not making all
    that good money anymore since I'm retired and not working any longer.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

That's one of the main reasons I stay away from a men's league. I can live with the guy talk and attitudes but I have no love for the guys that rage because "the lanes suck,he distracted me, my $300 ball lost to his plastic, etc,etc.". Alcohol always helps too!

Cranker

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy View Post

I think my first new ball in 1968 or so was a Gyro,,so dam cool, in those days they would use a punch and a hammer and put your name on it.....it was 32.00 I think
    “There’s nothing like throwing a 16lb 8.5 inch sphere at 10 3.5lb wooden objects spaced 12 inches apart and having them all hit each other” proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Cranker

Only time I used to get mad was when I bowled action. Which I did a lot of in the 70's..
    “There’s nothing like throwing a 16lb 8.5 inch sphere at 10 3.5lb wooden objects spaced 12 inches apart and having them all hit each other” proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast