Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What is Soooo Special....

Chats: 204

...AND....

...Aslan is a former student....which Rob should lead with in his advertising.

I guess he could include Iceman in the advertisement too given the recent 300 games and 800 series...if those kinds of things impress you.

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    ...AND....

I guess he could include Iceman in the advertisement too given the recent 300 games and 800 series...if those kinds of things impress you.
    There may be REASONS why Aslan is not part of the Rob advertisement. LOL
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Chats: 0

Okay... Then it looks like I need a session with Rob!

I hadn't put it together until this thread, but I've got Rob's website in my favorites, and I've read through it at least a dozen times. A wealth of data in there.

Rob, you'll be happy to know I've worked on many of the things you've posted on, so maybe I'll be able to shape up fairly easily. So far, I've broken rule #2 (follow through outward instead of upward), have done my darndest to resist hitting up on the ball (breaking rule #1, with pretty good success), and have incorporated more spine tilt (breaking rule #3). As you note, I was taught to 'stay upright' with my spine in the 70's. Have also found the 'phantom step' to be incredibly useful in getting a nice, aligned footwork motion. Breaking rule #4 is way harder, but I think I'm getting there. Using a wrist support, I've obviously taken rule #5 out of the equation. I'm guessing you're going to take my wrist support away from me first thing! I'd be happy to not have it... Just not sure I can stay under the ball without it. One thing is for sure, I definitely am on the outer half of the ball at the bottom of the swing, and have had a really hard time getting the 'feel' of having my hand on the inside of it.

One of these upcoming trips, I'll call you a week ahead and we can schedule an appointment. Would love to have you take a look at me. Want to thank you for being kind and not just flaming me, too.
    In my bag: DV8 TWB (plastic), Vintage Danger Zone, Storm Crux and 900 Global Chemical X.
    PAP: 4" over, 1/4" up. Weight: 14 lbs.
    High Game: 254. High Series: 673.
    2016-17 Orange County, CA USBC Open Tournament Champion, Team and All Events.

I look forward to it.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Quote Originally Posted by mc_runner View Post
    I'm a little confused on this... behind the ball should be an earlier roll, while more side roll would mean further skid before reading, no?
    What the hell do I know.. I am just a Bowling God on this site,, LOL,, I just know that what has taken me to a higher level, is knowing different hand positions. Maybe because I am a god, I am different?? To me,,when I launch my ball with my hand more behind it, it travels further down the lanes, and has a huge break at the end. That's with my Byte Storm ball. That's a story in and of itself.... when I have time to comment more on the subject. My average has went up a bunch working WITH THE different positions depending on the lanes I am bowling on! My average at Gladstone, STAYING BEHIND the ball, with a little flick with my middle and ring finger, stared me out with a 225 average. This JUST might be ICEMANS year! Thanks Rob for that ONE free lesson you gave me in Vegas!! Some are just quick learners!! I guess..... LOL
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    ...AND....

Former students who have documented success, good advertising.

Former students who are better than they were, but have not reached their full potential, not the best advertising.

Guys who had one lesson and repeat it sarcastically, not good advertising.

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Former students who have documented success, good advertising.

Former students who are better than they were, but have not reached their full potential, not the best advertising.

Guys who had one lesson and repeat it sarcastically, not good advertising.
    Well....it's obvious which one is Iceman. I hope I'm the 2nd one...because I'm definitely not the first one...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234