Thread: USBC Youth Individual League Awards-Order?

Default USBC Youth Individual League Awards-Order?

I was told today that USBC has some rule for youth bowling (maybe adult too) where league awards for High Avg, High Scratch game, High Scratch Series, High HDP Game etc can only have an individual win one award. In other words, if someone had High Scratch Game, High Scratch Series, and High Average, they would only win one award, and the runners up would end up winning the other two categories. I have no reason to doubt this is true, but how is it decided what categories are processed first. If someone was high in multiple categories what category do they win?

I would think that High Avg would be first.. followed by High Scratch Series.. followed by High Scratch game.. then maybe HDP Series and HDP Game.. Is this a League decision or something established by USBC.

Thanks,

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by bobforsaken View Post
    I was told today that USBC has some rule for youth bowling (maybe adult too) where league awards for High Avg, High Scratch game, High Scratch Series, High HDP Game etc can only have an individual win one award. In other words, if someone had High Scratch Game, High Scratch Series, and High Average, they would only win one award, and the runners up would end up winning the other two categories. I have no reason to doubt this is true, but how is it decided what categories are processed first. If someone was high in multiple categories what category do they win?

I would think that High Avg would be first.. followed by High Scratch Series.. followed by High Scratch game.. then maybe HDP Series and HDP Game.. Is this a League decision or something established by USBC.

Thanks,
    I'm not sure about Youth leagues

That should be listed in the League rules.

Usually High Average and Most Improved are considered a separate special achievements and not included in the one award limitation. But a league could include them if so inclined.

As for the other awards it just depends on what the leagues rules say. A lot of bowlers believe scratch scores are more important and should come before Handicap scores. Others feel that in a handicap league, handicap scores should go first.

Example from the rules here:

The prize will be awarded based on the following priority:
    1-Handicap-Series
    2-Handicap-Game
    3-Scratch-Series
    4-Scratch-Game

But I've been on leagues where scratch came first:
    1-Scratch-Series
    2-Scratch-Game
    3-Handicap-Series
    4-Handicap-Game

If you don't have this in the rules, then it has to be put to the board to make the decision.
    (and make sure to include this in next seasons rules)

A lot of this is under Rule 117 – Prizes
    Last edited by bowl1820; 04-15-2017 at 02:44 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker