Thread: Problem having same rotation on every release.

Default Problem having same rotation on every release.

Hey everyone. Just joined the forum recently trying to up my bowling game. I'm having an issue where it seems I can never get the same rotation on the ball every release. Either it's more of a rotation, less of a rotation, or sometime a top spin. Is there a way to practice releasing the ball the same way every time?

I do average 200 but I know I could be higher if I can get my release better

It's hard to say, not having seen you bowl, but in at least 90% of the lessons I give, I have to convince bowlers that today, less is really more. You don't have to make the ball hook, modern balls hook all by themselves. If you can learn to just roll the ball and let it do what it's designed to do (hook), you will be much more consistent by just leaving it alone.

Chats: 0

The way the ball fits can have a lot to do with that. If you can keep your hand in the ball while not squeezing it, your release will be much more consistent. It's impossible to have to have a death grip on the ball and then relax to throw it

Chats: 204

I'm in the same boat.

My release tends to be just consistent enough to average in the 170s to 190s...but not consistent enough to get to that next level. One shot; perfect. Next shot...release more towards the top of the ball...misses right. Next shot...I get a ton of hand into it and it goes through the nose.

Chats: 32

It's been my observation in my game and in others if the timing is correct the release will take care of itself.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    It's been my observation in my game and in others if the timing is correct the release will take care of itself.
    I concur, if my push away starts too early my release will be early (I haven't finished my slide yet) causing me to either pull the ball left a little and hit high in the pocket. Or I will come around the side of the ball because I'm trying to overcompensate and still hit my mark. Coming around the side on my release the ball will pick up its roll too late and leave 10 pins because the ball isn't driving thru the pins.

If my push away is correct my timing is correct and my release is correct. Even if I miss my target a little I still get good results. Timing affects everything in my opinion.

Now if my push away starts to late then the opposite is late timing and I tend to "hit up" on the release or loft it to much resulting in excessive revs and slower speed and that means I'm going high and hitting thru the nose. All of that happens because my slide is done, my forward momentum is done, and here comes the ball and release lagging behind.

Last thing - are you able to post your shot and be in balance on your shots with a good release? On your shots with a bad release are you still able to post your shot and be in balance?

I understand your frustration grimesd, I'm a 200 average bowler too. Getting to 200 took some effort and practice but I did it. Now getting to the 215-220 range seems like its taking forever and a ton more practice and effort. In my opinion it's the little things like this that make a huge difference but are the hardest to master. Some day we will get there.
    Last edited by rocky61201; 04-17-2017 at 07:00 PM.