Thread: Pyramid balls, anyone have experiences using any of their balls

Default Pyramid balls, anyone have experiences using any of their balls

Looking at some new balls and wondered about the Pyramid line. I'd rather not buy the same new ball as 1/2 of the bowlers around me are getting (code Black)
    and thought the Pyramid Force and Curse looked like they might be interesting. Had hopes of winning one of the giveaway models but of course that's a very long shot....
    For an established ball the Alpha Crux looks tempting, I want a ball that I can play deeper through the heavy oil and will still retain energy even though it doesn't have tons of revs or speed. that's the idea anyway.

Chats: 2

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Looking at some new balls and wondered about the Pyramid line. I'd rather not buy the same new ball as 1/2 of the bowlers around me are getting (code Black)
    and thought the Pyramid Force and Curse looked like they might be interesting. Had hopes of winning one of the giveaway models but of course that's a very long shot....
    For an established ball the Alpha Crux looks tempting, I want a ball that I can play deeper through the heavy oil and will still retain energy even though it doesn't have tons of revs or speed. that's the idea anyway.
    Pyramid makes good equipment. I used to throw them before I made the switch to Storm. I had a Chosen Path Pearl, Divergent Path, and a Blood Moon. Only ball I had an issue with was the Blood Moon. Was a benchmark ball, but had issues with the filler material cracking under the coverstock. Like I said though, that ball was a benchmark. I loved my Chosen Pearl, had good length, good motion, and hit hard. I wasn't a huge fan of the Divergent though, at least not OOB. It was 1000 grit, and would just burn itself up and have no energy at the back end. Took it up to 4000 grit and man did she do wonders. Haven't checked out any of their new stuff as I did get a bad taste after having 2 Blood Moon's blow out the filler material (there is a pic of one in a post from last week about Pyramid balls)

Quote Originally Posted by chip82901 View Post
    Pyramid makes good equipment. I used to throw them before I made the switch to Storm. I had a Chosen Path Pearl, Divergent Path, and a Blood Moon. Only ball I had an issue with was the Blood Moon. Was a benchmark ball, but had issues with the filler material cracking under the coverstock. Like I said though, that ball was a benchmark. I loved my Chosen Pearl, had good length, good motion, and hit hard. I wasn't a huge fan of the Divergent though, at least not OOB. It was 1000 grit, and would just burn itself up and have no energy at the back end. Took it up to 4000 grit and man did she do wonders. Haven't checked out any of their new stuff as I did get a bad taste after having 2 Blood Moon's blow out the filler material (there is a pic of one in a post from last week about Pyramid balls)
    Wasn't it the blood moon one of the few balls made for them by someone else.....Ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Wasn't it the blood moon one of the few balls made for them by someone else.....Ironic.
    Someone said the Blood Moon was made my 900 Global lol. Let me see if I can steal the pic from the other post. The first one took about 45 games to start chipping away. BB.com warrantied it, sent me another one, got 5 games on it and started doing the same thing. It blew out something fierce once it reached the coverstock lol

http://www.bowlingboards.com/threads...686#post157686

Here is the link to the post. For some reason it won't let me upload a pic.

Blood Moon was the only ball made by 900 Global and the only one made outside of China. Also the only ball with any cracking issues.
    If you or your company would like to advertise on BowlingBoards.com, PM me.

Add this to your signature to show your support for BowlingBoards.com and the Bowling Forums

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Quote Originally Posted by BowlingBoards.com View Post
    Blood Moon was the only ball made by 900 Global and the only one made outside of China. Also the only ball with any cracking issues.
    Was going to say, I never had any issues with the Divergent or Chosen Pearl! Just had to make a surface change on the Divergent. I threw the Chosen Pearl for 2 whole seasons before it magically left the locker and made it to the closet at home. Still in there. Divergent path, just wasn't for me I think. I have a hard time with Asym. balls and just never really liked how it rolled for me, even with the surface change. Ended up donating it to a girl with special needs that paints them for lawn ornaments (I've donated probably 15 balls to her now). But, the Blood Moon was by far the best ball I threw from Pyramid, minus the cracking issues. That ball made me some money in tourneys lol

Also, one thing I loved about Pyramid, is that they reacted the same way, every time, from OOB to 100+ games on them (had over 200 on my Chosen Pearl). Usually, a ball with "die" out after 30-50 games and will react less. I never once saw this out of Pyramid. Same reaction, time after time

Cranker
    Chats: 0

I won a Chosen One on here about 6 weeks ago and it's a good ball. It reminds a lot like my haywire. Very versatile ball, can play down and in with it or swing it if I have to. It's been my benchmark ball the last 5 weeks. Had a 266 game with it a few weeks ago where I had the front nine, pulled the 10th shot then chopped the 6, 10 spare.