Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bowling Injuries

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Partial quad tear (three years ago), my meniscus is done, and I'm waiting for my elbow to flare up again. Yep, bowling is easy......
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-300; high series-739

Wrist tendonitis caused from bowling. Received the maximum # of three cortisone injections in that area and had to finally have surgery in January to relieve the pressure in the 1st and 2nd dorsal compartments.

10 weeks post op and I still cannot hold a bowling ball without pain. It was forecasted 6-8 weeks recovery. I go back to Dr. in May and will have a MRI done to see if something else is going on.

I use a 14 Lb ball by the way.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Chats: 2

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Chances are that it's a strain / slight tear, pretty common and complete recovery is usually the case. If you can't turn your hand from palm down to palm up and it is very painful you should probably get to an orthopedic surgeon pronto and get examined.
    Mine was an extreme case, a complete tear at the elbow, a fairly uncommon injury, (not injured from bowling) and the initial Dr screwed up the diagnosis resulting in a delay of a couple days for the surgery, not a good plan with tendons as they curl up in a ball. According to the surgeon I recovered the maximum use of the arm possible at the one year exam of the arm, I made it back to 80% use of the arm.
    Yeah, no pain doing that. Just hurts to throw a ball. Like I said, let it rest for a week or so and see how it feels. There's a ABT tourney this weekend a few hours away, and if I don't make that one, they hold one every 2 weeks

Wow and I was complaining about my knuckle. That's some serious stuff there. Only thing that I have is my middle knuckle on middle finger gets swollen and sore when I make a fist. Most of it goes away after a day or two but still a minor amount past that. Usually take Aleve and it helps.
    Current arsenal:
    Motiv Trident Motiv Jackal Ghost RG No Rules RG DareDevil
    C300 Impulse Hammer Black Urethane

Quote Originally Posted by KYDave View Post
    Wow and I was complaining about my knuckle. That's some serious stuff there. Only thing that I have is my middle knuckle on middle finger gets swollen and sore when I make a fist. Most of it goes away after a day or two but still a minor amount past that. Usually take Aleve and it helps.
    Go to GNC and get some stuff called Tri-Flex. I take 2 of them, twice a day. Used to have knee pain for years after a football injury, started taking this, and not a pain one. Also helped with inflammation in my fingers and wrist. It's pretty awesome
    • Current Arsenal: Storm Timeless, Storm Phaze II, Storm Pitch Black, Storm Drive, Rotogrip Hot Cell, Rotogrip Show Off, DV8 Turmoil Pearl
    • High Game: 300 (3 11 in a row) / High Series: 799
    • Current Average: 202 / PAP: 5" over, 1/8" up
    • Rev Rate: 425rpm / 2-Hands

Quote Originally Posted by chip82901 View Post
    Go to GNC and get some stuff called Tri-Flex. I take 2 of them, twice a day. Used to have knee pain for years after a football injury, started taking this, and not a pain one. Also helped with inflammation in my fingers and wrist. It's pretty awesome
    Awesome thanks! There is a GNC near me, I will check it out.
    Current arsenal:
    Motiv Trident Motiv Jackal Ghost RG No Rules RG DareDevil
    C300 Impulse Hammer Black Urethane

Quote Originally Posted by KYDave View Post
    Awesome thanks! There is a GNC near me, I will check it out.
    It's pretty awesome man. I stopped in one day and told them I had some inflammation in my fingers and knee and they pointed it right out to me. There's a few different versions of it, the pills, power, and I believe there is a liquid form too
    • Current Arsenal: Storm Timeless, Storm Phaze II, Storm Pitch Black, Storm Drive, Rotogrip Hot Cell, Rotogrip Show Off, DV8 Turmoil Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by chip82901 View Post
    It's pretty awesome man. I stopped in one day and told them I had some inflammation in my fingers and knee and they pointed it right out to me. There's a few different versions of it, the pills, power, and I believe there is a liquid form too
    You don't even need a local GNC you can buy it from Amazon.....

I'm 46 and I haven't bowled since December because of tendinitis on the inside of elbow, and tendinitis on my left knee(I'm right handed). Both injuries from bowling. Been seeing a orthopedic doctor. Elbow has improved a lot, but knee has not. Hoping to get back on the lanes by sometime this summer. Will be going down to a 14 lb ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    You don't even need a local GNC you can buy it from Amazon.....
    I suppose if you didn't want to wait lol. You can find ANYTHING on amazon these days lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast