Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bowling Injuries

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Ok a torn hamstring in your slide leg is the worse. I missed only 6 weeks after a heart bypass in 1998. I missed 3 weeks after having 6" of colon removed because of cancer. Missed 1 week after having 3 plugs removed from my lung because of cancer. Had tendinitis in my hand so bad I could hardly lift a coffee cup. Just changed my release and went down from 214 to 213 for in 10 weeks.
    With the hamstring I couldn't bowl for 6 months. Then for the next year was fearful of knee bending and bowled like crap. Still careful when I get on approaches that are tacky.

Chats: 2

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    Ok a torn hamstring in your slide leg is the worse. I missed only 6 weeks after a heart bypass in 1998. I missed 3 weeks after having 6" of colon removed because of cancer. Missed 1 week after having 3 plugs removed from my lung because of cancer. Had tendinitis in my hand so bad I could hardly lift a coffee cup. Just changed my release and went down from 214 to 213 for in 10 weeks.
    With the hamstring I couldn't bowl for 6 months. Then for the next year was fearful of knee bending and bowled like crap. Still careful when I get on approaches that are tacky.
    I get fearful when I can't stop on an approach lol. Used to bowl in a house 15 miles away, but they kept buffing duraslide into the approaches. Started bowling full time in my home house when I stopped working in the other town, went back 3 years ago to bowl a memorial tourney. I put a 2 sole and 2 heel on and still couldn't stop. That sketches me out more than sticking a bit, cuz I can always go up in soles/heels, but if I can't stop when I've hit the bottom already, we are going to have an issue
    • Current Arsenal: Storm Timeless, Storm Phaze II, Storm Pitch Black, Storm Drive, Rotogrip Hot Cell, Rotogrip Show Off, DV8 Turmoil Pearl
    • High Game: 300 (3 11 in a row) / High Series: 799
    • Current Average: 202 / PAP: 5" over, 1/8" up
    • Rev Rate: 425rpm / 2-Hands

Bowler

For years I wondered what the bump on my middle finger was. I remember injuring it when I was younger and I remember still bowling with it taped up and grunting on each shot when I did a tournament...Maybe i hurt a ligament but
    I just got an xray finally and it is a bone spur and arthritis..so that explains why my finger would hurt after just 2 games the past 10 years. I guess i didn't let heal properly? I bought Steel Fingers and no more pain but it is annoying having to adjust and tighten the velcro all the time.
    my bowling hand is tighter than the other and I can't curl that finger all the way down to my palm the same as the other..it's stiffer.

Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by stargell1 View Post
    I'm 46 and I haven't bowled since December because of tendinitis on the inside of elbow, and tendinitis on my left knee(I'm right handed). Both injuries from bowling. Been seeing a orthopedic doctor. Elbow has improved a lot, but knee has not. Hoping to get back on the lanes by sometime this summer. Will be going down to a 14 lb ball.
    I have to cut down on my Legend of Zelda playing on the Switch. I've played 160 hours in 4 months and my wrists are hurting.

Chats: 1

In the last 5 years, I've had to deal with bowler's elbow, wrist tendonitis, arthritis in both knees, venous ulcer on my sliding leg (left), and a pulled groin muscle. The groin muscle injury was by far the worst. I couldn't drive in to my power step because of it. It took the entire summer to heal from it.
    Style: Power Stroker/Tweener - 16.5 - 17.5 mph, PAP 4 1/2 x 0

In the bags:
    Retooled with 15 lb equipment.

In the Bag: Radical Ludicrous, 900Global Honey Badger Claw, 900Global Honey Badger, DV8 spareball

In the Bullpen : Radical Quick Fix, Radical Katana

The archives: Ebonite Grey Wolf (first 300), Red Wolf (first 700). Just can't let them go.

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Bowler

That sounds terrible.

After 3 months of no bowling after open heart surgery, I finally got to bowl. All I did was 1 1/2 hours of 1-step drills with a 14 pound ball. No firing the ball, no high revs, no really trying to make adjustments. Just step and roll the ball. My chest where they broke my sturnum was fine. No heart problems at all. My back never bothered me much, and when it did start to twinge, my wife would massage it until it calmed down. No arm issues either.
    BUT! My left hip is so sore I'm still limping. The day after, I couldn't hardly walk. All day with a heating pad on and off. Went to work Monday. I limped like an old man all day. Today is better but still hurts. I've never had my hip bother me bowling. So, I'm shutting down until my league starts on the 5th of Sept.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123