Thread: New arsenal trio.

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

Default New arsenal trio.

Just got 3 used balls from a friend of mine. 1.)Hammer Arson Pearl, 2.)Motive Primal Rage, and 3.)Roto Grip No Rules Pearl. I know the Arson and Primal Rage are fairly out of date by todays standards, but the No Rules is really what I was wanting (which only has 12 games on it). I'm pretty much a tweener style bowler, low rev rate and about 15.15 to 15.50 mph. However, those numbers are with a 15 pound ball, and now I have gone down to 14, due to older age and wrist issues. Ultimately my goal with these 3 balls is to use them according to lane conditions. I know the no rules is going to be my most aggressive ball for oilier conditions. But not sure what to do or expect from the other 2. Anyone with any info please feel free to comment.

You have two things to consider. First, all three balls are pearls, so don't be afraid to work with the surfaces to get what you want. In terms of the core numbers, the No Rules Pearl will not be your most aggressive (early) ball, the Arson Pearl will be. I would also question your perception of yourself as a tweeter with a low rev rate. Tweeners, by definition, are medium rev bowlers (275-400 rpm). If your rev rate is low, then you just slow-hook the ball which will also be a consideration in finding surfaces that work for you.

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

Yeah I was mistaken when I looked at the specs on these 3, the hammer will roll earlier. I honestly don't know my rev rate, never had it checked out, but I would have to say I'm def in the tweener category. I def don't slow hook it. But I def do not crank either. Ill have to look into finding my rev rate. And I am definitely open to working with the surfaces. The house I bowl at put out a medium oiled shot for several years, hence my attraction to the pearl balls, but now this year the oil volume has increased significantly. I was going to invest in something solid like the emerald quantum, but I just have trouble with solid (dull) balls.

I own a few heavy oil pieces and have demo'd several.

By far the most versatile is the Motiv Trident. It is a hybrid and can get a good look with it on several different conditions and patterns. It will get down the lane well and is strong but a moderate angular shape that seems to work really well. It comes out of the box at 3000 and I have tried a few different surfaces to see how it responds. Altho I like 3000 the best it seems to take to surface changes pretty well.
    Current arsenal:
    Motiv Trident Motiv Jackal Ghost RG No Rules RG DareDevil
    C300 Impulse Hammer Black Urethane