Thread: Musta been a Zen thing

Default Musta been a Zen thing

So after a two week hiatus...and a mini vacay...we hit the lanes this afternoon.
    Couple of weeks ago, I bought a Storm Optimus, from the pro shop. Great deal, think it was maybe a couple of yrs. old. Kind of ugly, maybe smells like grapes?
    Hadn't spent a lot of time with it, today we bowled four games. The Missus was not on her game, but we laughed and joked like a couple of kids.
    Scores were low, but I had both balls hooking. Problem was I could not pick up many spares. I'm liking the Storm, was playing around to see what I could do with it. Since I tend to overthink, today, I just cleared my mind and concentrated on laying it down on my target boards. Man...did it flow! No early release issues..was not even aware that the ball was releasing. I do believe I was getting some more revs.
    Standing on 20,was throwing the Storm over 5, had some nice hits in the pocket.
    One time I missed 5..the ball glided over 7 or 8, hit friction, took out the 7 pin....only!. Again my problem was with my crappy spare shooting. The spare ball tends to drift left,...so I need to work on that.
    All in all, we had a fun time. The lanes were empty by 2:00 pm...it was just us! Really quiet.
    Stay tuned...the saga continues.

For me if I think about more than one thing or if things are going bad I will try harder and the worse it gets.
    No matter how you bowl as long as you have a good time that is a good day.

And yes, the Optimus is a little wild looking, and it is Cranberry haha. It seems some of the scents are much stronger than others, and some even stop smelling after a while.
    Current arsenal:
    Motiv Trident Motiv Jackal Ghost RG No Rules RG DareDevil
    C300 Impulse Hammer Black Urethane