Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 16# vs 15#

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    The "modern" release is not the Mark Roth, 'rip the cover off the ball' release that almost every bowler tried to copy in the 80s and 90s. That is me only add the 70's also. I still use it but have lost some of my speed. Mostly due to being afraid of sticking and killing myself. Need fast feet to create ball speed. I can still rip the cover off just not with enough speed. I tried the new release but almost dropped the ball on my foot and gave up on it.
    I don't have enough years left to relearn bowling now.
    If you have to use 2 hands to get revs on the ball you better get to the gym and grab some weights.
    The main advantage two hands is that the thumb never exits the ball too late, killing the revs.
    John

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

New rule two handers have to put their thumb in the ball. Matter of fact two hands two thumbs.....

Chats: 2

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    New rule two handers have to put their thumb in the ball. Matter of fact two hands two thumbs.....
    You sure do talk a lot of smack about 2 handers...so...let me break it down for you:

1. There's no "integrity" lost in the game. The game is evolving, get used to it.
    2. You complain about there being a higher rev rate blah blah. So, beat me with YOUR game.
    3. Fast feet isn't exactly a good thing to have.
    4. You tried something once and it didn't work right off the bat, so you gave up on it, instead of figuring out how to do it. Sounds like a personal problem.
    5. I don't have to use 2-hands to get revs on the ball, I use 2-hands as I shattered my wrist at a very young age and have never been able to use 1 hand, and refuse to use a robo-wrist.
    • Current Arsenal: Storm Timeless, Storm Phaze II, Storm Pitch Black, Storm Drive, Rotogrip Hot Cell, Rotogrip Show Off, DV8 Turmoil Pearl
    • High Game: 300 (3 11 in a row) / High Series: 799
    • Current Average: 202 / PAP: 5" over, 1/8" up
    • Rev Rate: 425rpm / 2-Hands

This is about to get good. Can I "subscribe" to a thread?
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Chats: 2

Quote Originally Posted by bubba809 View Post
    This is about to get good. Can I "subscribe" to a thread?
    I agree, could get interesting, but, I will forever back my game
    • Current Arsenal: Storm Timeless, Storm Phaze II, Storm Pitch Black, Storm Drive, Rotogrip Hot Cell, Rotogrip Show Off, DV8 Turmoil Pearl
    • High Game: 300 (3 11 in a row) / High Series: 799
    • Current Average: 202 / PAP: 5" over, 1/8" up
    • Rev Rate: 425rpm / 2-Hands

Chats: 204

It was interesting to hear Randy Pederson talk about switching back to 16lbs during his guest telecast at a recent PBA50 event.

The tide has definitely turned in favor of 15lbs...but it was interesting to hear Randy echo some of the things I noticed...i.e. too many flat 10s, flat 7s, stone 8s, and 8-10s.

Ringer
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

In regards to two handed bowling I don't believe there is an issue with it anymore. The one pure advantage was the ability to manipulate balance holes in the bowling ball and this has been taken care of. Once you removed this, what advantage does a two-handed bowler have that a one-handed bowler not have (theoretically)?
    Currently in the arsenal: Roto Grip Hyper Cell (@2000), Hammer Gauntlet Fury (@1000 polished), Roto Grip Idol (@2000), Storm IQ Tour Emerald (@1500 polished), Storm Phaze 4 (@1500 polished), Hammer Cherry Vibe (@1500 polished), Hammer Black Widow Urethane (@1000), Jet Blackbird

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by ALazySavage View Post
    In regards to two handed bowling I don't believe there is an issue with it anymore. The one pure advantage was the ability to manipulate balance holes in the bowling ball and this has been taken care of. Once you removed this, what advantage does a two-handed bowler have that a one-handed bowler not have (theoretically)?
    Thumb never gets stuck. Thumb never gets blisters.
    John

Ringer
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

I agree those are advantages, but they are typically issues that are caused by an error in the one-handed bowler's physical game. The point I was poorly trying to explain was that there isn't a built in advantage that one bowler will have that the other cannot under any circumstance replicate due to the style (obviously rev rates will tend to be higher, no issues with the thumb clearing, etc. but these are not exclusive to a two-handed bowler - single handed can increase revs and have their thumb clear). The balance hole issue is the only one I could think of of that nature.
    Currently in the arsenal: Roto Grip Hyper Cell (@2000), Hammer Gauntlet Fury (@1000 polished), Roto Grip Idol (@2000), Storm IQ Tour Emerald (@1500 polished), Storm Phaze 4 (@1500 polished), Hammer Cherry Vibe (@1500 polished), Hammer Black Widow Urethane (@1000), Jet Blackbird

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast