Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Summer league, are you in one or taking the summer off.

Ringer
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

Joined a trios sport shot league on May 2. First league since moving to Colorado so I wasn't sure how the league was going to be. Good turn out and the lineage for 4 games is only $8.75, makes for a good prize fund. Just happy to be back in a league and since I haven't really bowled for a few months it was nice to heal up a bit.
    Currently in the arsenal: Roto Grip Hyper Cell (@2000), Hammer Gauntlet Fury (@1000 polished), Roto Grip Idol (@2000), Storm IQ Tour Emerald (@1500 polished), Storm Phaze 4 (@1500 polished), Hammer Cherry Vibe (@1500 polished), Hammer Black Widow Urethane (@1000), Jet Blackbird

Chats: 22

I'm not sure what I'm doing. The center where I bowl still doesn't have a list of summer leagues up, and I just checked their website and its dormant. Giving the "your website is not active" message from bpaa web services. Not encouraging.
    "If a word in the dictionary were misspelled, how would we know?" - Steven Wright

Chats: 32

Tuesday's with the kids and Thursdays for me. Probably bowl some pot games and small tournaments also
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Quote Originally Posted by panbanger View Post
    I'm not sure what I'm doing. The center where I bowl still doesn't have a list of summer leagues up, and I just checked their website and its dormant. Giving the "your website is not active" message from bpaa web services. Not encouraging.
    I was wondering about a couple of the local centers back in April when they didn't have the stuff up, this seems really late, maybe they don't bother with the web site and go just with facebook or even just flyer's posted at the center. The flyer's are the first thing with some of the places that are stuck in the past.

Chats: 4

Started our Thursday night league last night so guess I'll just
    bowl one night this summer.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Chats: 204

Since I'm moving from California to Iowa in the next couple weeks...I didn't join any summer leagues. I continue to sub in 2 summer leagues that started in late March.

The Fall/Winter league I have been subbing in is a longer league and sweeps in June. I think they have a summer league that runs June-November...but I won't be here for that.

Still have 1-2 more Wednesdays and 1-2 more Fridays before I move...then I'll spend the remainder of the summer scouting centers in the Des Moines area...get back into the swing of things and join 1-2 leagues when the fall season starts up out there.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 185; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Since I'm moving from California to Iowa in the next couple weeks...I didn't join any summer leagues. I continue to sub in 2 summer leagues that started in late March.

The Fall/Winter league I have been subbing in is a longer league and sweeps in June. I think they have a summer league that runs June-November...but I won't be here for that.

Still have 1-2 more Wednesdays and 1-2 more Fridays before I move...then I'll spend the remainder of the summer scouting centers in the Des Moines area...get back into the swing of things and join 1-2 leagues when the fall season starts up out there.
    Good luck with your move, Aslan.
    Hammer Purple Urethane. Storm Surge Hybrid, Storm Pitch Purple, Roto Grip Hyper Cell.
    2 Storm Surge Pearl 4x4x2 and a no flare, ,Roto Grip Hot Cell, Roto Grip Haywire.
    2020/2021, Hi Average 219, Hi Game 289, Hi Series 771, 30 Clean 4, 700 Series 16.
    2021/2022, Hi Average 211, Hi Game 256 Hi Series 693, 30 Clean 0, 700 Series 0.
    Proud member of Bowlingboards.com Since 2013.

Have you considered > http://restaurants.basspro.com/Uncle...a/Bowling.aspx
    They have custom balls with fish, crabs, eels, and other sea creatures on them in an underwater themed bowling center .......J/K

Did Ice give up trying to get you to move to his area ?
    Last edited by Tony; 05-19-2017 at 11:59 PM.

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Have you considered > http://restaurants.basspro.com/Uncle...a/Bowling.aspx
    They have custom balls with fish, crabs, eels, and other sea creatures on them in an underwater themed bowling center .......J/K

Did Ice give up trying to get you to move to his area ?
    I doubt thats a sanctioned center...so, no.

Ice has disappeared again...probably an alien abduction, hard to say.

I doubt thats a sanctioned center...so, no.

Ice has disappeared again...probably an alien abduction, hard to say.
    I was just joking about the center, it could be interesting to visit some day.

I'm starting to lean toward a theory that Ice is a nursing home patient in the dementia wing, and gets his INTERNET privileges taken away for talking crazy, and other infractions.

Perhaps if the alien theory is correct you could use that to gain some low cost moving services. You could load everything in a POD or two and have them pick you up with instructions to drop you off in Iowa.

Sorry for the non bowling content.....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast