Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Summer league, are you in one or taking the summer off.

Default Summer league, are you in one or taking the summer off.

After many years of taking the summer off I am going to bowl this summer
    a 13 week pro shop league at a center I've never bowled at.
    for 10.00 a week plus lineage of 9.00 you can get a Storm Timeless, Code Black or any one of a couple dozen other balls.
    some down to 5.00 a week Hustle Pitch Black, seems like a pretty good deal, includes drilling, grips, and thumb slug.

Yes it's a sanctioned league handicap 100% of 220.
    Last edited by Tony; 04-27-2017 at 11:22 PM.

No summer leagues for me this year. Rehabbing the knee, and when the doc gives the OK I'll be practicing to get ready for the 17-18 season.
    Southern Nevada USBC Board of Directors. DV8 - Thug Unruly, Vandal, Vandal Smash. Pitbull, Brunswick - Ultimate Nirvana, Fanatic BTU, Vintage Danger Zone, Plastic T Zone. Memberships- USBC Southern Nevada - http://www.sonvbowl.com, 9TapTour Las Vegas Region - http://www.9taptour.com, LaneSideReviews, #TeamLSR, #TeamBrunswick

Quote Originally Posted by 1VegasBowler View Post
    No summer leagues for me this year. Rehabbing the knee, and when the doc gives the OK I'll be practicing to get ready for the 17-18 season.
    I feel for you, that was me last year but with a less serious injury, had carpal tunnel surgery at the end of the season and recovery during the summer. I hear the knee therapy can be a bear, but everyone I know that's been started on it early, and worked hard at it was rewarded with a great improvement in knee function and elimination of most or all of the pain. Good Luck !

Chats: 221

i'm doing a 9 week have-a-ball league this summer. I will probably let my son bowl a few weeks for me (if I can get him up LOL) as he has not bowled for 2 seasons due to work. He's rejoining my Wednesday team next season and i would like him to be less "rusty"
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

I haven't signed up yet. Missed the end of the regular season with a pinched nerve.
    John

Chats: 2

I'm not sure on leagues yet or not. There is a doubles summer challenge league here this year, $15 a week for 10 weeks, kegel challenge patterns. Might bowl it, might not. Was debating on bowling some of the abt stuff in SLC this summer, but after seeing the amount of handicap at the last one I bowled, I might just say screw it and practice this summer
    • Current Arsenal: Storm Timeless, Storm Phaze II, Storm Pitch Black, Storm Drive, Rotogrip Hot Cell, Rotogrip Show Off, DV8 Turmoil Pearl
    • High Game: 300 (3 11 in a row) / High Series: 799
    • Current Average: 202 / PAP: 5" over, 1/8" up
    • Rev Rate: 425rpm / 2-Hands

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I feel for you, that was me last year but with a less serious injury, had carpal tunnel surgery at the end of the season and recovery during the summer. I hear the knee therapy can be a bear, but everyone I know that's been started on it early, and worked hard at it was rewarded with a great improvement in knee function and elimination of most or all of the pain. Good Luck !
    Thank you sir

The exercises I do on my own aren't bad at all. But when they take hold of the leg and bend you in each direction, that's when it becomes a real sob! lol

While I am certainly improving, it's going a little slower than expected. Unusual tightness in the muscles and around the knee, and scar tissue is what's made for the slow progress.

But as I've said before, I'm not in any rush and there's no reason to believe that I won't be ready for 17-18.
    Southern Nevada USBC Board of Directors. DV8 - Thug Unruly, Vandal, Vandal Smash. Pitbull, Brunswick - Ultimate Nirvana, Fanatic BTU, Vintage Danger Zone, Plastic T Zone. Memberships- USBC Southern Nevada - http://www.sonvbowl.com, 9TapTour Las Vegas Region - http://www.9taptour.com, LaneSideReviews, #TeamLSR, #TeamBrunswick

Yep, I'm doing a competitive doubles league. Last year there were 45 teams, pretty good competition and payouts. Wanting to spend more time outside this summer though and 1 is enough.

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

I always sit the summer out for leagues. I do a lot of travel for tournaments over the summer so I just get my games in that way.

Chats: 0

I'm starting a 16 week sport shot doubles league next week. Will be a learning experience.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and a ball contest winner.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast