Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A motion for Aslan to move to The Kansas City Missouri area

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by chip82901 View Post
    Also, that being said, I'm all for the 170 average guy that is trying to better his game. But don't tell me you'd give me lessons or any of that other BS. Obviously, if I'm 20 pins higher than you, I'm not taking any lessons from you lol
    So how many rings did Micheal Jordan win before being coached by Phil Jackson?

Name any sport and the majority of the great coaches were good players who had a passion for the game and studied it to compensate for not having as much natural talent as the great players.
    John

Chats: 2

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Agreed...sort of...

But, I'm not a 170 bowler. I WAS a 170 bowler when I was defeated by Iceman in vegas...when Iceman was a 190+ bowler and refused to give me any handicap...but as my signature clearly states...I am now a upper 180s/low 190s bowler. I also am very transparent and post my USBC member number in my signature so everyone can verify/scrutinize me till their little hearts content. For some "strange reason", most of the bowlers on the site are afraid to put their USBC number anywhere on the site...in some cases (from a few years ago)...because they consider bowling a lot like "fishing" in terms of the stories they tell.

I COULD be a 200+ average bowler with one or more perfect games to my credit...if I wanted to bowl at the AMF center down the road...but I don't really see the point in that. Nowadays the USBC only gives you a ring for the first 300-game...so I'm gonna make mine legitimate. I want to look at that ring and KNOW...that it did NOT come easy. I don't want to look at it and think..."wow....I should turn pro! I have 5 300 rings despite being an 80% spare shooter who misses the pocket 1 out of every 3 strikes!"

And no...like most sane individuals...I am NOT moving to Wyoming. Is it better than riot-ridden Missouri? Probably. Actually, I've heard Wyoming is beautiful country and I like the fact that aren't a ton of people to ruin things...so I actually DID consider Wyoming as one of my possible destinations. But, like Missouri, my motivation for moving is to be close to my daughter...and she lives in central Iowa...so that's where I'm going. Maybe in 4-5 years when she goes away for college...but not before.
    I looked you up by name. You can look up me by name too if you'd like. Or 7008-3 if you really want to. I'm just saying, if you think bowling down the street is that easy, do it and prove it. I'm always for people putting their money where their mouth is. I've had to do it myself. And yes, the one thing I absolutely love about WY is the fact that their isn't a lot of people, I'm 20 minutes away from my favorite fishing hole, and 20 minutes away from blasting that big 4x4 deer or 6x6 elk. Southern wyoming is a bit of a drag as it's mainly desert and wind, but the middle and northern half of the state are amazing. I may give people ****, but I feel I also have the ability to back it all up. Also, if I'm giving you ****, and you can dish it back out, we may just get along in the long run
    • Current Arsenal: Storm Timeless, Storm Phaze II, Storm Pitch Black, Storm Drive, Rotogrip Hot Cell, Rotogrip Show Off, DV8 Turmoil Pearl
    • High Game: 300 (3 11 in a row) / High Series: 799
    • Current Average: 202 / PAP: 5" over, 1/8" up
    • Rev Rate: 425rpm / 2-Hands

Chats: 2

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    So how many rings did Micheal Jordan win before being coached by Phil Jackson?

Name any sport and the majority of the great coaches were good players who had a passion for the game and studied it to compensate for not having as much natural talent as the great players.
    I may take advice from someone if they notice something, but that jab was mainly to the sniper on here. Ain't no way I'd even consider taking lessons from that dude lol
    • Current Arsenal: Storm Timeless, Storm Phaze II, Storm Pitch Black, Storm Drive, Rotogrip Hot Cell, Rotogrip Show Off, DV8 Turmoil Pearl
    • High Game: 300 (3 11 in a row) / High Series: 799
    • Current Average: 202 / PAP: 5" over, 1/8" up
    • Rev Rate: 425rpm / 2-Hands

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123