Thread: New Iceman themed oil patterns for sport shots !

Default New Iceman themed oil patterns for sport shots !

Maybe the time has come to have ICE come up with some patterns we can name with something meaningful

Garden Of Eden , pattern shaped like an olive tree, with the trunk going out from the approach, heavy oil down the first 25 feet but only between the 20's then branching out on a pattern shaped like branches covering the entire width of the lane for 18' giving us a 43' pattern, that sounds pretty tough.

Iron worker , pattern shaped like iron I beams going the width of the lane, alternating bands of heavy and then lighter oil. 5 6' bands for a 30' pattern.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

If you want some odd shaped patterns, take look at Slowinski Signature Series Challenging Patterns

http://bowlingknowledge.info/index.p...d=27&Itemid=66

example:
    HOUDINI'S ESCAPE a 48' pattern

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Maybe the time has come to have ICE come up with some patterns we can name with something meaningful

Garden Of Eden , pattern shaped like an olive tree, with the trunk going out from the approach, heavy oil down the first 25 feet but only between the 20's then branching out on a pattern shaped like branches covering the entire width of the lane for 18' giving us a 43' pattern, that sounds pretty tough.

Iron worker , pattern shaped like iron I beams going the width of the lane, alternating bands of heavy and then lighter oil. 5 6' bands for a 30' pattern.
    SOME great ideas!!! ICEMAN likes! Need to get some engineers on this ASAP! LOL Great idea Tony!!!!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post
    SOME great ideas!!! ICEMAN likes! Need to get some engineers on this ASAP! LOL Great idea Tony!!!!
    No engineers, otherwise you'll have to bring in the machinists to fix everything, and I don't play well with others!
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-300; high series-739

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    If you want some odd shaped patterns, take look at Slowinski Signature Series Challenging Patterns

http://bowlingknowledge.info/index.p...d=27&Itemid=66

example:
    HOUDINI'S ESCAPE a 48' pattern

Looks tough, and on this one in particular it looks like a quite a bit of a difference from the right side to left side of the lane.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Timmyb View Post
    No engineers, otherwise you'll have to bring in the machinists to fix everything, and I don't play well with others!
    So you bowl alone? 😉
    John

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post
    I'm not sure if you really want engineers, I don't think I would (my brother, and several friends are engineers).

I understand that for many things it's essential to have proper engineering, for other things it's a waste of time and money.
    I recall an occasion where we needed to haul a couple of another brothers cars a few miles across town, I volunteered to take care of it. I live in the same area and have had dozens of vehicles towed, so I called one of the companies and told them what I had, where and when to pick them up and where they were going, and I would meet them there.
    A couple days later my engineer brother gave me a 2 page sheet, he had made up, to use with the towing company,
    it asked questions about the year and model of tow truck, driver training, safety equipment, diagrams of where and how the vehicles were sitting and where they were to be put, a page to draw the route the truck would take, a section asking about insurance and who knows what else.

I looked at it, laughed handed it back to him, and said if you want all that done, you find a company and do it, let me know when it's all arranged and I'll cancel the guy I have hired, then I walked away

Pin Crusher

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    So you bowl alone? 😉
    I don't but that still doesn't mean I play well with them.
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-300; high series-739

Chats: 221

Here's a link to a bunch of patterns a local center uses for tournaments

http://www.shaunstournaments.com/oil...rn-graphs.html
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

I've bowled on some of those patterns. Some of those look like they are from the Peterson Classic