Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bowling in a Pro Shop trio summer league, what ball to choose?

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I've narrowed it down to Marvel Pearl, Dare Devil Trick or an Alpha Crux
    The smarter choice might be the DD Trick since I have nothing that is close to that ball, the Crux is closer to the the Ebonite Warrior, and the Marvel is slotted as similar to the Hy Road / IQ 30 but it's supposed to be an awesome ball.

I guess I need to get in the 3 new balls league, no problem it would only be 50 a week or something !
    The shape is quite different with the marvel than the Hy road or IQ 30. The Marvel is earlier and more arc shaped than either of those 2 by quite a bit.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    The shape is quite different with the marvel than the Hy road or IQ 30. The Marvel is earlier and more arc shaped than either of those 2 by quite a bit.
    That helps push me more toward the marvel, the chart I was looking at showed all three with the same length and the marvel in between the other two for amount of hook, I think the marvel might be a quite nice ball for me. Thanks for the input!

I think you'll be happy with it Tony. The motion is quite a bit different. From what I've seen about 80% of the people absolutely love it the remaining 20% really hate it but that's pretty good odds. You could always add a bit of rubbing compound or polish to the hyroad to further highlight the differences between the two if you felt you needed to.

Current arsenal

I think you'll be happy with it Tony. The motion is quite a bit different. From what I've seen about 80% of the people absolutely love it the remaining 20% really hate it but that's pretty good odds. You could always add a bit of rubbing compound or polish to the hyroad to further highlight the differences between the two if you felt you needed to.
    Yes, those are pretty good odds, and my Hy-Road has already been altered, I can't remember for sure but I think it's at 2000 with no polish, but that can always be changed too. I have one PSO that loved the ball so much he stashed two of them away when he found they were being discontinued, he still has one not drilled, now he can break that one out and quit saving it.

Yes, those are pretty good odds, and my Hy-Road has already been altered, I can't remember for sure but I think it's at 2000 with no polish, but that can always be changed too. I have one PSO that loved the ball so much he stashed two of them away when he found they were being discontinued, he still has one not drilled, now he can break that one out and quit saving it.
    I still think you'll have plenty of separation between the two but if you don't try it at 500 plus buffing compound I did that for a buddy that loves it

Current arsenal

I still think you'll have plenty of separation between the two but if you don't try it at 500 plus buffing compound I did that for a buddy that loves it
    Is the buffing compound something like Brunswick royal compound bowling ball polish or something different ? Most of the stuff I saw listed was either in the polish or cleaner category.

Is the buffing compound something like Brunswick royal compound bowling ball polish or something different ? Most of the stuff I saw listed was either in the polish or cleaner category.
    Yes Crown Factory Compound from Brunswick which is not the same thing as Crown Factory Polish. The Royal Compound is pretty much the same thing they changed the name a while back but the royal is widely available still. The polish was Royal Shine when they used the Royal names. Compound leaves more surface than polish and gives the balls a slightly more matte look. Most balls I use polish on I end up having to go back and hit with 3k or 4k pad to get them to roll correctly with the compounds I don't seem to have that issue.

Current arsenal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12