Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Aslan's Arsenal Progression Discussion Thread: (Part 1 of 6)

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers

More isn't always better.
    I don't know if my friend Mike still has it, but about 10 years ago he bought a Ranger pick-up that someone had stuffed a 351 V8 under the hood. He thought it would be a fun vehicle to use around town. Turned out to be next to impossible to drive in the rain, and not that much better on dry pavement.
    John

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Yes from the drag racers perspective a blown small block is nothing, when you view things from the classic car, muscle car, street cruiser perspective, people aren't concerned primarily about max power.

Wrong. My last street car was dynoed at 772 rwhp. I was concerned with max power![IMG][/IMG]
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-300; high series-739

Quote Originally Posted by Timmyb View Post
    Wrong. My last street car was dynoed at 772 rwhp. I was concerned with max power![IMG][/IMG]
    As with everything it depends on the person, I know lots of car guys, and some like my buddy with the blown Nova with 10,000 in Chrome love the max power, others prefer the car in stock factory trim, in my area that constitutes the majority, that are represented at the local car shows.
    Maybe in your area, your group max HP is the desire, that's not the case with most of the guys I know. I have a bone stock 71 Cutlass S post car with 32k original miles, and I'm fine with having a stock 350 4bbl ......to each his own.
    I have nothing but respect for any tasteful, well done car someone builds for themselves or wants to own, it's not my thing to own, your GP looks like a well done car
    glad to see you enjoyed it.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345