Ball Speed:17
PAP Measurements: 4 1/8
Core: Injector
Coverstock: Agitator MXR Pearl
Finish: 5500 Grit LSP
Recommended Lane Condition: Light-Medium Oil
RG: 2.56 (for 15# ball)
Differential: 0.042 (for 15# ball)

The Carbon Octane is the 3rd installment to the Octane series and is a series that I am quite fond of, the combination of the Agitator coverstock and the Injector core will provide you with predictive continuation and sharp entry angles. As I threw my Carbon Octane what caught my attention was the way it rolled as it was very continuous from start to finish, unlike the original Octane and the Octane Burn it didn’t skid as much despite it providing me great length. I attribute the Carbon Octane’s ball motion to the Injector core and its continuous motion, the previous Octanes both had the Quadfire core which allowed them to skid more freely and starting up down lane.

A great quality about the Carbon Octane is how quickly it responds to friction which I found beneficial to me when I found myself playing high angles from the right or deep angles from the left, the sharp continuation of the Carbon didn’t disappoint me. I had an instant love jones once I threw the Carbon and I have found it to serve as a phenomenal tag team partner to my United Revolt and Venom Shock, should either of the two become too much ball for the desired condition I throw the Carbon and pick up where I left off.

Another great quality about the Carbon Octane is how well it takes to surface adjustments as the previous Octanes were best left at box in my opinion, adding surface to the Carbon will slow down the overall sharpness of the ball and make the shape more continuous than what it is at box. I feel higher ball speeds will be able to take advantage of that while those of lesser speeds will find the Carbon more useful at box finish, I’ve had success with the Carbon at surfaces from 800. My first favorite surface to keep it at is box and the second is 2000, as I stated adding surface just makes it more continuous and in my opinion you can never have too much of that.

I consider the Carbon Octane to be a must have for those that are a fan of the Octane series like myself and for those who have wanted more out of their Octane Burn overall from a ball motion standpoint, a bowling ball definitely worth adding to your arsenal. Do yourself a favor and inhale the fumes from the Carbon Octane and allow yourself to get high off Octane.