Thread: Columbia Freeze Replacement

Chats: 1

Default Columbia Freeze Replacement

What ball still in production today would be a good replacement for my 6 year old Freeze?

Chats: 32

Not sure there is an exact match on the market right now. The Freeze had a lot of differential for a supposed dry lane ball. Storm Ride is still available but might be a little stronger, The Rhino is a good dry lane ball but less diff than the freeze. The 900 Global Desert OPS is really catching my eye very strong core with a weaker cover it won't be the same as the freeze but if it was weak cover/strong core that you liked about the Freeze you'd like it.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Ringer
    Blog Entries

What other equipment do you throw or is this your only ball? That will help in determining a good replacement since you are not going to find an exact copy of the freeze and knowing what other equipment you have could help someone determine if they could lean one way or the other.
    Currently in the arsenal: Roto Grip Hyper Cell (@2000), Hammer Gauntlet Fury (@1000 polished), Roto Grip Idol (@2000), Storm IQ Tour Emerald (@1500 polished), Storm Phaze 4 (@1500 polished), Hammer Cherry Vibe (@1500 polished), Hammer Black Widow Urethane (@1000), Jet Blackbird

Currently my arsenal includes a Snap Lock pin up, a DV8 Freakshow Solid, Columbia Freeze, Tzone Spare. And I will be picking up my Trident this afternoon before summer league starts.

Quote Originally Posted by drlawsoniii View Post
    Currently my arsenal includes a Snap Lock pin up, a DV8 Freakshow Solid, Columbia Freeze, Tzone Spare. And I will be picking up my Trident this afternoon before summer league starts.
    The Snap Lock and Trident should make a good pair for heavy conditions. I hope you see a lot of oil or your style tends to be more speed dominate because that Freak Show Solid is a beast too. Unless your needing something for very beat up lanes I might look for something long with some flip to go with your other balls Radical Ridiculous, Hyroad Pearl, Colombia Sideswipe pearl would all work. If you do need it for really dry or beat up conditions Rhino, Outcast, Ride would all work. There is plenty of room between your balls for both honestly.

Current arsenal

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    The Snap Lock and Trident should make a good pair for heavy conditions. I hope you see a lot of oil or your style tends to be more speed dominate because that Freak Show Solid is a beast too. Unless your needing something for very beat up lanes I might look for something long with some flip to go with your other balls Radical Ridiculous, Hyroad Pearl, Colombia Sideswipe pearl would all work. If you do need it for really dry or beat up conditions Rhino, Outcast, Ride would all work. There is plenty of room between your balls for both honestly.
    Honestly I start out the night at about 14.5mph and usually drop to 13 by the end of the series (back surgery in '09). Revs are right around 260-280. Dont know axis tilt or anything like that. I usually start the night with my slide foot ending at the foul line at the 35 board and the ball splitting the 3rd & 4th arrow, my breakpoint is usually right at the beginning of the far right target board. I'll adjust with my feet the entire night to try to play that same breakpoint, but once i cant keep it in the pocket i'll ball down to the freakshow solid which has been polished up ( I dont remember what the PSO put it at). I can normally finish the night out with the freakshow but for those rare occurrences I cant I'll throw my old freeze. I won the freakshow on here thinking it was closer to my freeze than my Snap Lock but that thing hooks like Kareem in his prime!

Quote Originally Posted by drlawsoniii View Post
    Honestly I start out the night at about 14.5mph and usually drop to 13 by the end of the series (back surgery in '09). Revs are right around 260-280. Dont know axis tilt or anything like that. I usually start the night with my slide foot ending at the foul line at the 35 board and the ball splitting the 3rd & 4th arrow, my breakpoint is usually right at the beginning of the far right target board. I'll adjust with my feet the entire night to try to play that same breakpoint, but once i cant keep it in the pocket i'll ball down to the freakshow solid which has been polished up ( I dont remember what the PSO put it at). I can normally finish the night out with the freakshow but for those rare occurrences I cant I'll throw my old freeze. I won the freakshow on here thinking it was closer to my freeze than my Snap Lock but that thing hooks like Kareem in his prime!
    Yeah that ball is strong anyway and has a pretty low rg so even polished it's going to start earlier than you'd prefer for that point in the game. Any of the balls listed below will give you added length off what you've currently got. I believe the Hyroad Pearl or Ridiculous will be a better fit for what your doing the 2nd group of balls are less aggressive covers and for my game which sounds somewhat similar playing that deep and bringing them back would result in poor carry.

Current arsenal

Chats: 221

900 Global Boost would probably be close. In my opinion having thrown both the Boost will be a little stronger overall.
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)