Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Aslan's Arsenal Progression Discussion Thread: (Part 3 of 6)

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    When the ball first finishes getting into a roll, it is at the peak of it power. I can only speak from what I can estimate from the foul line (which is probably shaded by the fact that I am having cataract surgery next Monday), which looks to be somewhere between 5 and 8 feet from the pins. I don't know of any studies that can prove or disprove that estimate, but that's my best guess.
    After looking a little it appears that almost all references to the length of roll are very vague, so 5 to 8 seems a reasonable starting point.

Re cataract surgery, if you haven't considered it, you might find it's worth looking at some of the advanced lenses available today.
    Specifically ReSTOR multifocal lenses, I wore glasses, had just switched to Bi-focals when I had the surgery, my Dr had just started using the advanced lenses a few months before and offered me an opportunity for a small added cost. I went ahead with it knowing it could easily be reversed and a standard lens put back in.
    After the surgery it took a few months to get the full effect of the lenses, your brain has to learn to focus on the part of the lenses it needs to, but after it did, it enabled me to see both up close and distance without the need for any glasses at all.

The surgery was 10 years ago, I went to the eye Dr a couple of months ago, my vision is still at the level where I don't need any glasses at all.
    Having these lenses has been wonderful and, I would certainly make the same choice again.

One thing to note, they have to do both eyes, a couple of weeks apart.

Thanks for the input re: eyes. According to the eye surgeon, my eyes are pretty strange in that my left eye is fine, 20/25, and does not need surgery. The right eye on the other hand is a mess, and it's the eye where I've always had astigmatism as well. Right now, my left eye focuses at a distance, and my right eye focuses very close up. My close vision has actually improved since the cataract go bad, but my distance vision is all but nonexistent. Because of this divergent vision, for the past few years, I have been unable to line things up straight. When I try to park my car between parallel lines, I get out to find that I am parked at an angle from right to left. You can imagine what this has done to my bowling. I'm having laser surgery with a multi-focal chrystal lens that will also correct the astigmatism. I'm really excited at the prospect of being able to see again!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123