Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 15 for 15 Sport Challenge League 2017 ( Bowl1820's scores)

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Default 15 for 15 Sport Challenge League 2017 ( Bowl1820's scores)

15 for 15 Sport Challenge League

Well tonight I started the "15 for 15 Sport Challenge League" it's a summer league that bowls for 15 weeks. Each week teams will bowl on a different sport oil pattern.

There are 12 teams each consisting of 3 players. Its' a mixed, handicaped league and is USBC Certified/Sanctioned.

The league does 3 games with a 8 point system, 2 points per game and 2 for series. The handicap is 80% of 220

Cost $15 per night

Pattern List:

Week 01: EBT Neptune 45'
    Week 02: Scorpion 47'
    Week 03: 2009 USBC Clash of Champions 40'
    Week 04: 2013 NCAA Women's Championship 42'
    Week 05: Great Depression 36'
    Week 06: PBA Mark Roth 46'
    Week 07: Houdinis Escape 48'
    Week 08: London 44'
    Week 09: Kegel Kode Sport Series 2235 35'
    Week 10: Stockholm 34'
    Week 11: 2004 ABC Nationals 38'
    Week 12: Kaioken 33' no pdf
    Week 13: Seoul 39'
    Week 14: Chameleon 43'
    Week 15: Turnpike 41'

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Week 1:

Week 1:
    The pattern was the EBT Neptune 45', which is a long flat sport pattern that is symmetrical with a high volume of oil.

Elite Bowlers Tour Neptune 45'
    http://www.ebtbowling.com/oil_patter...Load Sheet.pdf

For the most part it played about how my research said it would. You throw it too far outside the balls not coming back, being long you needed to play it closer to the pocket and as the night goes on the middle will break down.

I started of with my Paranoia, I had sanded it with 600 grit followed by a light touch of 1000 grit. Which seemed about right, the ball reacted well.

The main problems was I too was rigid in my play and was pulling my shots, I had to loosened my swing up.

Also my speed was too slow, which hurt my spare shooting. I figured with a heavy oil I didn't want to be throwing too hard.

While the pattern was long, I don't think it was as "Heavy oil" as the sheets said it was (Which I still think the machine is not putting out the oil the way it should, but without taping the lanes theres no way to know.).

The lanes started breaking down toward the center and I was able to switch to my Pyramid Curse.

Here's my scores, my teammates fared about the same. Someone said there was a 700 shot but I don't know by who.

Last edited by bowl1820; 05-11-2017 at 10:20 AM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

Cranker
    Chats: 0

Sounds like a fun league. My local center didn't do a sports shot league this summer which was a bummer.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Week 02

The pattern was the Scorpion 47', While longer than last weeks Neptune pattern. The Scorpion wasn't as flat and had a slightly lower volume of oil.

Scorpion 47'
    [http://usbcongress.http.internapcdn....4_Scorpion.pdf

This patterned seemed to give you a little more area compared to last weeks, Being a long pattern I still tried to play closer to the pocket.

In some aspects I felt I did better (even though the scores don't reflect it)

Chats: 204

I bowled on the Scorpion pattern back in September 2014. I averaged 154 over 12 games...which was better than I had expected. I thought I'd do better on the shorter patterns and worse on the longer patterns...maybe I just got lucky.

But...only struck 1 out of 5 shots...so it was pretty much just spare shooting.

I had the advantage of doing 3 weeks on each pattern...the first week I only averaged 140.50...including an embarrassing 118.

Chats: 0

I started a Practice Your Skills league this past Monday that is 12 weeks long and has 2 weeks with the same oil pattern (National and WTP patterns). I missed the first week due to another league finishing up and got to throw on the 2nd week which was the 40 foot US Open pattern. They throw 4 games each night.

Humbling experience, I tried to use my Hammer Scandal, but it only moved 3-5 boards, lots of splits.

I throw down and in, right handed, over the 7 board. I moved in but couldn't find my spot, but was too hyped to be trying the oil pattern and a new house.

Shot a 116, 131, 136 and finally got a 205.
    In the bag – DV8 Pitbull, DV8 Vandal Smash, DV8 Creed(16#), Path spare
    High Game – 276, SUN-184,TUES-193,WED-196,FRI-190
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forum! I am proud to bowl with One Hand!

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default week 03

Week 03: 2009 USBC Clash of Champions 40'
    http://wiki.bowlingchat.net/wiki/ima..._Champions.pdf

Okay my teammates didn't show up tonight so we forfeit, Hopefully they are here next week. Worried a bit after only two weeks One of them sounds pretty discouraged.

This shot was interesting, I kept thinking how this would be a great shot for regular league. You could play around second arrow or some of the other typical lines you see in league, but there was a penalty if you leaked it out or pulled it. I think a typical league bowler could easily get use to it.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default week 04

Week 04: 2013 NCAA Women's Championship 42'
    http://patternlibrary.kegel.net/Patt...&ID=802&Type=2

Well the second week my teammates didn't show up again, so another forfeit. I don't particularly mind automatically losing, I just want to bowl on the sport shots. But if they quit I wish they had told me, but maybe they'll be back (though I won't hold my breath).

This night went fast besides my two missing players, the other team was missing one also. So just us three bowling, To bad it was a forfeit I beat them two games and took the wood.

This was another pattern I wouldn't mind seeing being used as a house pattern. There's enough similarities to a house shot, you wouldn't feel lost.

But there's enough differences to keep you honest, too far outside and it doesn't quite make it back. Tug it and there is some hold, but when it hits the end of the pattern it will cross over.

As the shot broke down, the scores started to climb. But you had to keep it in your groove.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Looks like you're starting to get the hang of it!

Sorry to hear that your teammates haven't been showing up. Our local sport league is singles. I don't think I would have had the nerve to try it if it had been teams.

Our league specifies that once you join, you are committed to pay for the whole season. In other words, if you decide you're in over your head and quit after two weeks, you still have to pay for the remaining weeks. Obviously, if you have an injury or a sudden health condition, you would be allowed to drop out without paying for the remaining weeks. Basically, anything beyond your control, like being transferred out of the area would let you drop out without penalty. While a good number of people will try the league for the summer, or half a season in the fall, and say they've had enough, very few actually drop out.
    John

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    Looks like you're starting to get the hang of it!
    Maybe a little bit.

At least for the most part the patterns have played fairly close to their descriptions. I downloaded all the patterns except for one I can't find (Kaioken 33'), looked at them and read some suggestions on lane play for them.

Plus I think I've chose the right ball to start with and switch too and had the right surfaces.

The main problem is just execution and I think if I could get a few more revs on the ball it would help.

One of the guys on the other team wasn't really hitting good he was kind of put off by how low he bowled (115, 173, 118) and he made a interesting statement when we got done, it went something like.

"I thought this was suppose to make you a better bowler" and he didn't see where it was doing him any good.

It made think of what do a lot of players think is going to happen when they get these type of leagues.

Are they thinking Okay everyone says it hard, I'll probably struggle for a couple frames and then I'll have it all figured out.

The thing with him was, he was palming the ball and he couldn't stay consistent with it. Which is similar to what I seen in the couple of two handers there are, until the lanes break down their inconsistency really shows.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast