Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: surface changes

I remember this thread as I went out to the garage to prepare my bowling balls for subbing in a league today after a week off after cataract surgery. The four balls I'm taking are: Storm Code Black, Storm Rocket Ship, Storm Fight (polished), and Brunswick Fanatic BTU. Here's what I did: Code Black; cleaned and noticed that the track was beginning to burn into the polish, so I used a small amount (about the size of a dime on a moist micro-fiber towel) of Powerhouse Factory Finish on two sides (putting each bow tie on top) to refresh the polish; Storm Rocket Ship, cleaned and refreshed the 3000 surface on four sides for about 6 seconds with light pressure; Storm Fight, same as Code Black; Brunswick BTU, cleaned and used 1000 abrasion for 8 seconds, medium pressure, on four sides, followed by 3000 for 5 seconds, light pressure, on four sides.

Another new surface on the outcast, 500 with Brunswick factory compound.
    Tried the outcast in practice and it went long, didn't feel good at all.

Started out with the Hustle and shot a 266, second ball of the second game tweaked something in my shoulder ......started trying to throw an easy soft shot
    so I could keep going, tried the outcast and warrior moving way left and throwing it slower, softer, not great results but was able to finish the night out.

Shot a 168, and 164 the last 2 games for a series of 598, pretty disappointing with a 266 start, but hoping to recover and bowl next week as usual
    we won 3 of 4 points so still should be up with the leaders.

Going to try a different surface or two on the outcast before I give up, I think something like 500 to take off compound then 1000 and finally 2000 and see what happens in practice.

Chats: 204

I changed the Innovate from 1000/2000/Storm Step 2/Resin Polish to 800/1500/Storm Step 2 with no resin polish.

Evened out the ball motion a bit...didn't really see much else of a difference.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 185; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12