Thread: How much will an entry level ball hook?

Default How much will an entry level ball hook?

Hey everyone, I'm a pretty new bowler, and bought my first ball a couple months ago (ebonite cyclone 15 lbs). I feel like my form has improved significantly, and like the way the ball spins down the lane. That being said, the ball only seems to hook a maybe 5 boards or so (not great at counting them). Now my form is far from perfect, and I could definitely get more rev's/slow the ball down to increase the hooking potential, but I was just curious how much could someone reasonably expect an entry level ball to hook.

Thanks for your input!

Every reactive resin ball hooks the same amount based on the bowlers release, if you calculate hook by the angle of change of direction. The difference between balls is how far they go down the lane before they hook. The earlier the hook, the more boards will be covered. Be careful, though, because once the ball starts to hook, it starts on the path to it's ultimate death (roll out). At this point, don't worry about how much the ball hooks, worry about how many pins you are knocking down.

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Rob was right about how many not how. Other than that no one can tell you how much a ball should hook. No one knows if the alleys you bowled on were flooded with oil or bone dry. Ask some one you know and trust to watch and maybe they can help.

Thanks for the input. Unfortunately I don't bowl with anyone who really knows the sport. The lanes we typically bowl on are on a military base, and the staff is definitely not very familiar with the subject. I guess it was a pretty subjective question really. But I appreciate you both taking the time to reply.

Cranker
    Chats: 0

My friend has a Cyclone and he can hook it gutter to gutter, its all about how you throw it and the lane conditions.

Diana Zavjalova won the USBC Queens tournament throwing a Cyclone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7Nc...Fwps82nYtpMek8