Description: The Tank Rampage goes back to using the Gear Core found in the original Tank, although it has been slightly modified (to the Gear V2). The burgundy cover is the ALL-NEW Alchemy Urethane.

Reaction: The Tank Rampage allows me to play the proper part of the lane on short and or low volume patterns. This is probably the earliest ball I have ever thrown. All of the hook is in the front part of and the response to friction is very slow, as urethane should be. The ball gets up the hill very good and continues through the pins very well. I have never been a huge fan of urethane but the Tank Rampage will see more lane time than probably all other urethane balls I have thrown before, combined. It is very important to keep the surface up on urethane, but I will also say that I have notice this urethane cover does not shine with lane oil as much as I have seen urethane balls in the past.

Comparisons: The Tank Rampage is the soonest Tank to date, the Rebel Tank is noticeably cleaner and provides a little more shape down lane, also just not quite as strong. The original Tank just does not get started as soon as the Tank Rampage. Once again, I have struggled with urethane in the past, but this one get through the pins very well and has provided exceptional carry thus far.

Summary: Those looking for that true urethane look from MOTIV, it is here and it is very good. Urethane is becoming a staple in a tournament bag. Because so many people are starting to use it, it sometimes forces you to throw one as well. Although this is not a ball everyone needs, it is also a ball that will not disappoint; it will do very well and serve its purpose.

Mike Magolan
MOTIV | Turbo | Bowlifi | Genesis | BowlerX.com