Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Approaches

Chats: 0

I just started bowling in a center with synthetic lanes and approaches. The lane guy there fights constantly with the approaches being sticky. They have a fan that blows across the floor at all times to combat humidity. He scrubs the approaches every day. I haven't had a problem sticking yet. I've bowled for years on wood approaches in the summer and never had a problem.

Have they looked at their stock of rental shoes? If there's shmutz on the bottom of the rental shoes, it could be tracked onto the approaches. Also, how about their carpets / floors in the concourse area? If those are dirty or have been cleaned with something that leaves residue, then that could also get tracked on the approaches.

I notice at most centers when they're spraying the shoes at the end of the night, they rarely check the soles to see if there is anything on them. I would think brushing the soles would be a wise step in the shoe maintenance process. He could clean the approaches 'til the cows come home, but have them dirty and sticky again almost instantly if something from the carpets or rental shoes is being tracked onto the approaches first thing in the morning.

Just some ideas... Hope he finds the solution. Some old folks' knees will be happy if he does.
    In my bag: DV8 TWB (plastic), Vintage Danger Zone, Storm Crux and 900 Global Chemical X.
    PAP: 4" over, 1/4" up. Weight: 14 lbs.
    High Game: 254. High Series: 673.
    2016-17 Orange County, CA USBC Open Tournament Champion, Team and All Events.

Pin Crusher

DMS I never thought of that. They spray the shoes with disinfectant after every use. That is something that hasn't been a requirement until a few years ago. Thanks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123