Thread: Bowling ball demo / video and the music

Default Bowling ball demo / video and the music

I don't know about anyone else but the music tracks used on most of the ball demo video's are horrible, I have to mute them.

Does anyone actually enjoy the music, do you feel it add's something to the video ? I would rather hear the ball on the lane and the sound of the ball hitting the pins.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Well if the music was something I liked, I might enjoy it.

The main thing I don't like about it is a technical aspect, most of the people making the videos have the audio gain of the background music cranked up too high.

Then when you watch the video, the volume comes on blaring loud even if you have your speaker volume turned down.

They just don't realize really loud music doesn't make you look cool or hip. It just distracts the viewer from the video.

They make music louder hoping to grab more attention, which is what a lot music companies did sometimes referred to as "the loudness war."

Another thing is a lot of the tracks used are ones that come from indie sources etc. and are royalty free and have creative commons licenses that allow you to use them easily in your videos so you don't violate a copyright and have Youtube pull it.

So while there is a lot of good music in those sources, there's a lot of %^&* too. So picking the right one takes some work and of course different people have different tastes.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 05-23-2017 at 09:45 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I don't know about anyone else but the music tracks used on most of the ball demo video's are horrible, I have to mute them.

Does anyone actually enjoy the music, do you feel it add's something to the video ? I would rather hear the ball on the lane and the sound of the ball hitting the pins.
    I feel exactly like you Tony. The music is annoying even if i do like the music, I would rather hear the ball on the lane and the sound of the ball hitting the pins.

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

The issue with leaving the sound of the ball and pins in the video is that you’re going to hear the pins from almost all the lanes in the center unless you’re the only one bowling or have your own practice pairs like the manufacturers and some pro shops.

Also I’d say most centers (all here) play music over the speakers. If the video is posted to YouTube and the music can be heard in the background it will be flagged from YouTube and pulled due to copyright. I had this happen to a video last year.

It's ridiculous that ambient background noise can get you dinged for copyright infringement. As a musician, I kind of get it, but it's weird to me that if it's playing via something like over speakers at a center that doesn't fall under common sense that it's not being used for anything benefiting you.

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

It’s all automated on YouTube so it doesn’t know whether it’s just background noise/music or added by the video creator.