Description: The Freestyle Rush is MOTIV’s latest release in the entry-level category. It will again utilize the proven Recon Core, but with the new Agility LFP (Low Friction Pearl) Reactive Coverstock. This cover is a modified version of the same coverstock used on the Graffiti Tag. The purple and teal provide great shelf appeal at an entry-level price point!

Reaction: The Freestyle Rush will be in play when you want a ball that can get down the lane, yet still have some recovery without being too angular. As far as shape goes, it is controllable and although it is very continuous, it never changes directions too fast. This ball is ideal on patterns that just flat out hook or late in blocks for tournament bowlers. In my first few sessions, I tried using it in league on a typical house shot and I was surprised how straight I was able to play and just bump the track area, but was even more impressed with my carry percentage. Although strength wise it does fit in the entry-level category, which is important, I did not feel it lacked performance.

Comparisons: To give you some comparisons the Octane Carbon is overall stronger and responds to friction faster. When the Carbon Octane is just too much ball or just too strong down lane the Freestyle Rush is an ideal fit. Now compared to the original Freestyle it is a little cleaner, but not much, and is not quite as even throughout the lane. The Freestyle Rush provides more continuation than the original, but in terms of total hook the Freestyle Rush edges out the original Freestyle. I think the Freestyle Rush is an upgraded version and different option from the original.

Summary: I would recommend the Freestyle Rush to anyone who is looking to purchase a quality ball at a very affordable price. Those who have liked the Ascent series or the original Freestyle will really like the upgrade on this release!

Mike Magolan
MOTIV | Turbo | Boom Apparel | Genesis Staff Member | BowlerX