Thread: Question regarding my crux.

Default Question regarding my crux.

Hello. I got myself a Storm Crux a few years ago, probably like two.

It's not a bad ball, but on fresh house shots the ball pretty much skids down the lane and flips back. My Hy-Road Pearl could probably compete against the aggression of this ball on that pattern.

Then I got a Crux Pearl, which I presumed was like the Crux but had more length. This ball has more hook potential than the Crux based on my bowling with it. I usually use it for higher volumes of oil, but what am I to do with my Crux now?

I often use it for shots at the 7 pin, because of it's lesser length and easier hook potential it pretty much gets there every time.

Just wondered as to if there was anything I could do to make this ball curve more, but then again, have a difference against the Crux Pearl.

Otherwise, two balls in my bag that are almost the complete same would be pointless. I probably dungoofed when I got the Crux Pearl, probably should have gotten something different for the spectrum I have.. High-oil pearl though, my Hy-Road pearl is only good for mid-oiled lanes.

Trying to figure out how I can truly incorporate and how to use my Crux in my bag. It's not a bad ball, but I just feel it could use something.

Was it not drilled as aggressive as it could've been? Or mayhaps a resurface to get it to do something different than it is doing now.. xd

Bowling season is starting up for the first time in a few months, and I need some legit equipment in my bag. First time probably doing it for real. :P

Thanks!

I think that the problem is how you are choosing to play the lanes, rather than the balls you are using. Balls with more surface start losing energy very quickly when they encounter friction. If you are playing too far on the outside with the Crux, you are probably encountering too much friction too soon which results in the ball losing energy appearing to hook less. Think about looking at the lane from front to back, rather than side to side. If you choose to play the second arrow like most typical house bowlers, then the Crux with surface is probably just too much ball for you. Remember, every reactive resin ball hooks the same amount, based solely on the release of the bowler. The difference is not how much they hook, it is WHEN they hook.

Also the Crux and Crux pearl are pretty much the same ball, the pearl has a little more back-end, on the the BTM ball rating chart they are right on top
    of each other, the difference is the pearl retains a little more energy and you see that on the back-end.

If you want to you can try changing the surface on the Crux, try sanding it with a 2000 pad or, a 4000 pad and see how you like it, you can always change it back by sanding with 3000 the
    OOB finish.
    Last edited by Tony; 05-31-2017 at 12:44 AM.