DESCRIPTION

INNER CORE - Gear V2
COVERSTOCK - Alchemy Urethane
FINISH - 5500 Grit LSP
RG RATING - 2.55 (15 lbs)
RG DIFFERENTIAL - 0.20 (15 lbs)
FLARE POTENTIAL - 3"+

REACTION

The Tank Rampage isn't a typical urethane ball. It has a motion that is rather unique. While traditional urethane reads early and forward, the Rampage reads early but also creates entry angle. On shorter patterns, the Tank Rampage will get a lot of use.

VIDEO

COMPARISONS

I compared the Tank Rampage to the Rebel Tank, Freestyle Rush, and as a bonus comparison I threw the Hyper Sniper as well. The layout is 60 x 4.5" x 75. In the video, you can see how they stack up to one another. The Rebel Tank gets further down lane but is weaker and more forward off the sport. It doesn't have the hook potential or the shape drive through the pins from the same line as the Rampage. The Freestyle Rush has more overall hook potential and responds much faster to friction making it significantly more angular. The Hyper Sniper, well, it goes straight. Which is a good thing because that is what it was designed to do.

SUMMARY

The Tank Rampage has been an eye opener for me. With my "Tweener" rev rate, I have never really had much use for urethane. That is until now. This ball is an excellent choice for shorter patterns or when you are just trying to keep the ball in play. It is very predictable which is a must on fresh sport patterns. The Rampage gets through the pins well enough to where I am not worrying or expecting to leave flat corners. That has always been a problem that has plagued me when throwing urethane. I know bowlers are leery about urethane even with the resurgence of seeing the pros use it on the telecasts. When a Motiv Test Drive comes to your area, make sure the Tank Rampage is on the list so you can try it out for yourself. I am certain it will open your eyes like it did mine.

MOTIV STAFF MEMBER

Doug Anderson