Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How timely are your leagues at updating the on-line scoring ?

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    My local center hasn't updated any of the summer leagues since June 15. I think the only employee with any computer skills has gone on vacation.
    They finally updated today.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    They finally updated today.
    They must mail em in every other week to save on stamps.

Bowler
    Chats: 0

the old lady who does the league secretary for our league has a dial up internet connection! It was down all week. But usually she does it the same night.
    for the once a month league i did...no online...used the old dot matrix printer...and it would get cut off at the bottom and she didn't update til the day before..so the sheet was never posted on the ...whatever those display things are called

As secretary for a league I try to get these updated by 7:00am on the next day. I have been accused of spoiling the league members by the prior secretary. Summer league I bowled in does not have a secretary. They updated the standings twice - after the first week and before the last week. I was thinking of volunteering but decided not to. It can be a pain in the neck when you have bowlers that leave the league.

Pin Crusher

Pat why is it a pain in the neck when bowlers leave? Why do you get up so early? Bowling needs more spoilers and less lazy a$$ slugs.

Cranker

This is my first year as secretary in my Weds Mixed league and my goal is to have everything updated by Friday.

Pin Crusher

If you are using BLS software and doing the work at home it should take 30 minutes to enter the scores. Smaller leagues or larger could be more or less. One click and leaguesecretary.com and bowl.com will have both on line in 10 minutes. If you are like me and do a lot of extras it will take longer. My generic sheet goes on line and the extended data one is passed out the next week.
    I have never worked with other software but I doubt they are much different.

Is league secretary the only one being used? My new league isn't on there. I really liked knowing what was going on.

Pin Crusher

BLS lets you send it bowl.com, a BPAA site or a personnel web site also. One click and you are done.
    Last edited by fordman1; 09-10-2017 at 04:01 PM.

I am a very early morning person. I usually am up by 4:30am so I get work done early and can play all afternoon (usually at the bowling alley!!!). I have always wanted to know as soon as possible what the outcomes where so I think it is only fair to provide that information to others as early as possible.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast