Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How timely are your leagues at updating the on-line scoring ?

Default How timely are your leagues at updating the on-line scoring ?

In the past the center I was at was mostly on top of updating the league scoring, the leagues from Wed night were updated by noon on Thursday,
    most of the time and sometimes earlier. Only had a few instances where they dropped the ball, and then apparently there would be guys sending
    messages, or calling in complaining.
    The wed night league I'm in now hasn't updated the league sheet since last wed, and last week they did it wed morning.....I would like to be able to see it before then.

How are your leagues at doing this ?

Cranker
    Chats: 0

My Thursday Men's league which was very competitive, the scores would be up on Bowl.com by Friday afternoon. My Wednesday Mixed league which is more social would be whenever the league secretary had time to do it. I took over as secretary for the next season and I plan to get the scores in by Friday as well.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

In one league, the secretary sends an e-mail the next day. This is an often humorous, folksy newsletter that just gives the highlights of the day. These are things like: "Bernie converted the 5-10 split", "Tom had a season high game of 214","Missy won the high game pot with a 269 (handicap included)". He also gives a summary of which teams won and if there are any changes in the standings. The online standings are actually handles by the bowling center staff and it usually takes 3-5 days to get the update in.

The manager of the sport league used to update the standings the next day. I suspect his day job has become more demanding and the update generally gets done the morning of the next time the league bowls.

The secretary of my Wednesday league almost never updates until just before he leaves for the alley.
    John

Chats: 32

My Saturday league does an ok job posting info. My other leagues it's a miracle if the winter league is posted before the end of the summer league. the summer league stuff will never be posted period.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Sunday Vegas League - sometimes prompt, mostly not.
    Sunday Travel League - not to bad, but sometimes a week or so goes by before they are posted. Not a big deal since we bowl every two weeks.
    Tuesday competitive league - sometimes prompt, but mostly not.
    Thursday not all that competitive league - mostly within a day or two. Sometimes that same night!

The one that hacks me off a bit is the Tuesday league. The secretary is a manager at the bowling alley and she takes forever to get the league standings updated. This is their "premiere" league and should be treated with a little more urgency IMO.
    Average: 190, High Game: 285, High Series 718
    In the bag: Radical More Cash, Track Paradox Pearl, Track Tundra, Storm Super Natural

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

For the most part my tuesday league is with in a couple of days. The wed sport league im on now is a bit slow, they get it up at least before we bowl.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

My comment / question was primarily looking at the updating of the centers league standings published on their own web site for the local scoring / record keeping and providing the weekly standings sheets. Both centers I bowl at use the BLS-17 software from CDE software.

The bigger picture updating scoring and info to Bowl.com for the winter league center is horrific, I think they put in information once or twice a year, from what I have seen.

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    My comment / question was primarily looking at the updating of the centers league standings published on their own web site for the local scoring / record keeping and providing the weekly standings sheets. Both centers I bowl at use the BLS-17 software from CDE software.

The bigger picture updating scoring and info to Bowl.com for the winter league center is horrific, I think they put in information once or twice a year, from what I have seen.
    Sorry I misunderstood as far as that goes one league offers that and is updated weekly most of the time the other leagues I bowl in probably aren't sure if that internet thing is going to stick around or not.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post

Posting the centers league standings published on their own web site...

In that case the center here doesn't post any scores on their own website.

Most all the leagues here use the BLS-17 software also and post the standings via leaguesecretary.com.

There may be a league here that posts using the bowl.com standings service, But I've never seen or heard of it.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Pin Crusher

Where I bowl there are about 25 leagues. Half have the sec. take care of all sec duties. The others use the house service. Both use BLS all are posted on leaguesecretary.com The center has a section that say LEAGUES and all leagues are linked to leaguesecretary.com. My Friday league ends late. I get home at midnight and new sheets are posted no later than 9-10 AM. I usually have a new front page printed to pass out on my out to the people standing around drinking a cold one.
    What is surprising is the number of leagues that don't post anything.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast