Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How timely are your leagues at updating the on-line scoring ?

Chats: 0

Last year was my first year using BLS and there were problems between my data and those of the bowling alley when people dropped out. Don't know why but there was.

Pin Crusher

What kind of problem were or are you having? What I usually do after bowling is go into the office and download the scores onto a flash drive. Then I print the updated standings front page only. Just a handful and pass out the unofficial copies to the folks standing around. By then it is almost midnight on a Friday night. Then the next morning by 7:30 to 8 o'clock I compare that data to the recaps and add in any new members etc. They are posted on line by 9:00 A. M.

I post the scores online for our gun club's leagues. The biggest issue I have with posting them is getting the results from the people running the leagues. Sometimes they are on top of it, other times weeks late. Guve the website guys a break, they are provably stuck in the middle.

League is going to be very angry with me this week. Could not get upload done for days after the league finished. Had a software glitch with Leaguesecretary and it took several days to straighten out - plus I was busy busy busy.

I think I understand what the problems were last year but time will tell.

So far the center has not updated their web site with the league standings / results of either league, one of the leagues is loaded into league sec and I can access it.
    The other has not been updated yet league sec last entry is from April/ end of last season.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234