Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Done bowling for the summer.....dang it!

Yikes... best of luck with the surgery and recovery.

Chats: 0

Yeah, 12 weeks of rehab to look forward to. Half of it is classroom stuff. Hope I do well enough to get back for winter league.

Just an update: after a 15 day stay in the hospital, I am finally home after my triple bypass open-heart surgery. My body looks like I fought in a war. Bruises, cuts, stitches etc from head to toe. Now it's onto rehab after a few weeks of just letting my body do it's thing and start mending.

Cranker

Quote Originally Posted by foreverincamo View Post
    Just an update: after a 15 day stay in the hospital, I am finally home after my triple bypass open-heart surgery. My body looks like I fought in a war. Bruises, cuts, stitches etc from head to toe. Now it's onto rehab after a few weeks of just letting my body do it's thing and start mending.

Good to hear you're home. Take it easy and heal up. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Take it slow, best regards
    Hammer Purple Urethane. Storm Surge Hybrid, Storm Pitch Purple, Roto Grip Hyper Cell.
    2 Storm Surge Pearl 4x4x2 and a no flare, ,Roto Grip Hot Cell, Roto Grip Haywire.
    2020/2021, Hi Average 219, Hi Game 289, Hi Series 771, 30 Clean 4, 700 Series 16.
    2021/2022, Hi Average 211, Hi Game 256 Hi Series 693, 30 Clean 0, 700 Series 0.
    Proud member of Bowlingboards.com Since 2013.

Good for you! Do what the doc says and you'll come out just fine!

I have an update: I lasted an entire 3 days at home when I started having heart attack symptoms even worse than before. I went to the ER and was admitted immediately. They treated me for pneumonia for two days, but the symptoms and excruciating pain kept getting worse.
    They finally took me to the cath lab where I had my second heart cath this month. They checked all the grafts they did on the 6th of June, and they were fine. Then they ended up putting stents in two minor arteries that were 100% blocked but too narrow to bypass. After those stents were placed, I felt immediate relief.
    After 20 days in the hospital, I am home again. Hopefully to stay this time!

Chats: 32

I have an update: I lasted an entire 3 days at home when I started having heart attack symptoms even worse than before. I went to the ER and was admitted immediately. They treated me for pneumonia for two days, but the symptoms and excruciating pain kept getting worse.
    They finally took me to the cath lab where I had my second heart cath this month. They checked all the grafts they did on the 6th of June, and they were fine. Then they ended up putting stents in two minor arteries that were 100% blocked but too narrow to bypass. After those stents were placed, I felt immediate relief.
    After 20 days in the hospital, I am home again. Hopefully to stay this time!
    Dang man get better soon
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

I had my first day where I could sleep in three weeks. I slept around 15 hours. I needed it too. It's going to be a long road to recovery, but at least I'm alive to do so.

I went down to visit friends in the summer league I had to quit due to my open heart surgery. They were all glad to see me. It was nice to be missed. They were bowling on the PBA Wolf oil pattern. Highest series was by a college player-645-by a girl ! Which is awesome by the way. Anyway, I truly miss the game. I'm not cleared to play until September.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast