Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A question for bowl1820 or anyone that knows the rules

Chats: 4

Default A question for bowl1820 or anyone that knows the rules

Now for a little information we have our summer league that is a sanctioned
    league but it is house run all we have is the league secretary no other officers
    like president, vice president or anything.

Now as for my question isn't there a rule that says there is to be at least one
    open lane or two between a sanctioned league and open bowlers?

Our center has started putting open bowlers right next to the league and some
    of the bowlers are starting to get a little upset with them doing that so should
    we all go to the management and complain or are they allowed to do that since
    it is a house run sanctioned league?
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by got_a_300 View Post
    Now for a little information we have our summer league that is a sanctioned
    league but it is house run all we have is the league secretary no other officers
    like president, vice president or anything.

Now as for my question isn't there a rule that says there is to be at least one
    open lane or two between a sanctioned league and open bowlers?

Our center has started putting open bowlers right next to the league and some
    of the bowlers are starting to get a little upset with them doing that so should
    we all go to the management and complain or are they allowed to do that since
    it is a house run sanctioned league?
    There is no Usbc rule that requires the center to provide buffer lanes.

Thats something that has to be worked out between the league and the center.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Okay thanks bowl1820 I didn't know if there was a rule or not but
    what I did know was that you'd know the answer for sure. LOL!!!!

Guess we'll all have to get together and go talk to the management
    and see what happens.
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Maybe there should be a rule, it's certainly a little disadvantage for the teams bowling next to a bunch of teenagers goofing around, the places I bowl have always left a pair open between the league and open bowlers .....works pretty good !

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

You can ask the center to give you a buffer pair of lanes. If they say no they have a right. You only contracted to rent 20 lanes or what ever the league needs. I suppose you could rent the other pair. But the house is in business to make money. You don't even have the right to ask that no one practices on your lanes before you start. Remember your league has the right to move to another center is there are any with openings.

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    Remember your league has the right to move to another center is there are any with openings.
    If we were so lucky as to have another center to choose from we only have
    the one so guess we're stuck with whatever they want to do with the lanes.

Hmmmm..........maybe it's time for me to make a trip to the bank to see if
    I could get the financing for a new center or find some investors willing to
    invest in it also.
    Bill

SandBagger
    Chats: 26

one of the houses in my area (not one I will be bowling league at) announced that starting Fall 2017, leagues will have to pay for one or two buffer lanes to guarantee the buffer.
    Beyond Revs Pro Shop Staffer. West Valley and Riverton, Utah.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums. 900Global Inception DCT, Inception Pearl, Honey Badger, Covert Ops, Special Ops, Desert Ops Brunswick Green Quantum Radical Tremendous

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

On Mondays our center has three different leagues bowling at the same time, taking up all 56 lanes. The last several seasons the sport league has been cut from 12 lanes w/ 2 bowlers per lane to 6 lanes w/ 3 per lane, and has been asked to not bowl on Martin Luther King day and during school vacations. My other leagues generally have had a pair of lanes as a buffer since theystart at odd times, one at 4p.m., and the other at 9p.m. The afternoon league did have a few weeks when the high school teams literally surrounded us. Evidently it was easier to put the JV teams on either side of us than move our league to either end of the house.
    John

Chats: 2

Being that all the houses in WY are fairly small (my local house is a whole 16 lanes), we don't allow any open bowling until the league is done, even if there is open lanes further down. Even if you have to go down and pre-bowl or make up games, they keep a buffer, as they are bowlers too and it's a respect thing. Although, I did have to pre-bowl in the dark one time last season as we split our youth leagues seasons up and it was their "fun" day, but, it was my choice as that was the only time I had available to bowl
    • Current Arsenal: Storm Timeless, Storm Phaze II, Storm Pitch Black, Storm Drive, Rotogrip Hot Cell, Rotogrip Show Off, DV8 Turmoil Pearl
    • High Game: 300 (3 11 in a row) / High Series: 799
    • Current Average: 202 / PAP: 5" over, 1/8" up
    • Rev Rate: 425rpm / 2-Hands

Chats: 55

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    You can ask the center to give you a buffer pair of lanes. If they say no they have a right. You only contracted to rent 20 lanes or what ever the league needs. I suppose you could rent the other pair. But the house is in business to make money. You don't even have the right to ask that no one practices on your lanes before you start. Remember your league has the right to move to another center is there are any with openings.
    Each year our contract for the leagues address this. Some will guarantee with extra payment or higher lanes fees each week. Some will not put the guarantee in the league contract. And this would be at the same house. I think it may depend on time of day and demand.
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast