5500 Grit LSP
Symmetrical Core
Layout 80 x 3-3/8 x 35

Bowler Specs:
Right Hand. PAP 5 Over 1/2 Up
Rev Rate 250. Tilt 20. Rotation 50.
Speed off hand 18

Review:
The Freestyle Rush is a great looking ball that pushes up the performance level of the previous Freestyle and Ascent Line. Although The Rush is a new entry in the Light Oil category I was surprised the amount of hook I got as a lower Rev Player. The ball was much stronger and drove through the pins better than expected. Sometimes as bowlers, I think we see weaker cores and lower prices and don’t expect great performance. The Rush will change your mind on that theory. The Freestyle Rush uses an upgraded version of the Recon Core. The new core has a higher differential which gives extra flare and a better kick in the back end of the lane. This extra backend is where the changes to the original Freestyle can really be seen in hook and hit. The Freestyle Rush acts and hits like a high priced ball. I have said it before, but it is hard to call these balls entry level reactive. I know a lot of tournament players will be carrying this one in their bag. The Rush fits nicely between my Ascent peal and Tag in total hook. I prefer the factory surface on the Rush but did try it sanded to 2000 and witnessed an earlier read with very little loss of back end. I have been bowling on pretty fresh and oily conditions lately, so I have been playing around the 10 board or outside but I have no doubt that bowlers who hit dryer conditions or those with strong release will be able to get deep and carry well with this ball.

Summary:
The Freestyle Rush is a very nice entry into the dry lane category.
The upgraded core and backend move lets you trust this ball to come back.
The Rush has a great color scheme.
This is a great ball for any skill level.
Video Link:
https://youtu.be/994bBqOAOYI
Glenn Wendel
PBA Member
Motiv Staff
Ultimate Staff
www.motivbowling.com