Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For Those of you who think only high rev players can play deep...

Chats: 0

Liz just shows what diversity your game needs to win a major, or 9.

Back in 2005/6 and being under 300 rpms at the time, I worked on learning to playing out and inside the 4th arrow. It wasn't just the skill I had to work on, but ball surface management and understanding more what I'm bowling on in order to match things up. For a whole season I played inside the track and passed the 4th arrow on THS and bowled on the sport patterns like the shark or open patterns. Speed is key.

About 5 years ago while overseas, I won some side action money enough for expensive Korean BBQ food for two playing the 5th arrow. After 6 games on this world pattern and only bring one ball, I had nothing at the heads/outside. It was the first time I slide in front of the gutter went over the 5th arrow and managed a deuce game.

SO as the OP stated, it is very very possible to play the 4th arrow and beyond. You just need knowledge and it's not just the physical game alone.

Today, with much more revs than before, I prefer high percentage shots and keep angles close/straighter.
    Last edited by fokai73; 06-27-2017 at 05:45 PM.
    bowlingboards.com bowling ball winner!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12